Chapter 44) Travels

Bright sunshine shone onto the village Hidden in the Rain. Stores had closed and schools had been canceled; all missions were on hold for the day. From the buildings people had hung banners with the same black and white symbol everywhere - the Namikaze symbol. As she walked through the streets, Ryuu on her right and Fumi on her left, the people packed along the sides shouted that she'd be missed and that she'd been a great leader. Finally reaching the edge of the city Akari gave one armed hugs to each of her subordinates and handed them each a kunai knife. These knives were dull black and extremely sharp with the added bonus of having her teleporting seal underneath the paint. They both bowed and then she inclined her head in return to Ryuu, the new Leader of the Rain. Confidently she assured her two closest subordinates that she'd see them again.

Turning to the bridge her eyes landed on the Shinobi - of course the original group of five was here but others were as well. All the remaining injured leaf shinobi were leaving at this moment and there were well over thirty. Gritting her teeth Akari walked towards them, head up and shoulders back, her akatsuki cloak flapping in the wind and her hair blowing over her face. The looks she received varied greatly from hesitant to annoyed, angry, uncaring, and in Naruto's case, excited. Reaching Kakashi she didn't look at him, still upset that he'd suggested putting restraints on her previously. He held out a hand and, understanding, she handed him both her weapons pouch and the scroll which contained the rest of them. Well, the rest that the Leaf shinobi knew of.  Wordlessly they began to walk.

Travel was slow to accommodate the needs of the still not completely healed

Travel was slow to accommodate the needs of the still not completely healed... mostly for Guy. As midday approached Akari had a difficult time believing that they'd only been together for a few hours - Guy was already driving her insane with his ridiculous amount of energy and endless talk of the 'power of youth.' Most of the shinobi acted as if she wasn't there which suited Akari fine. Their silence towards her allowed her to grin inwardly at the Tobi and Deidara who were running around her in the forest goofing off. Sasori was nearby, 'tch'-ing them and looking suggestively at her.

"What's on your mind that's making you so happy?" A voice just behind her ear asked, causing her to automatically focus chakra to her soles and jump very high, landing on a tree limb. The speaker followed her and she shouldn't have been surprised; it was only Kenji.

  The speaker followed her and she shouldn't have been surprised; it was only Kenji