Chapter 19) The Demon Returns

Wind style, finally complete. Akari smiled to herself as she looked at the destruction surrounding her. Uprooted trees and overturned land was everywhere. Currently she was on the Eastern edge of the Land of Fire, Shakuba town. Well, just outside of it. Alright, two days to rest in preparation and then I'm off. Frowning she looked down at her arm. She'd burned it a few days earlier in a freak accident involving a large group of drunk men and Akari's curiosity regarding becoming proficient at Deidara's jutsu. She wasn't much of an artist but she enjoyed explosions and he'd given her quite a lot of clay to practice with. Damn, I really hadn't wanted to be injured while doing this. Shaking her head she trudged towards the town and her hotel room, looking forward to sleep. I'll try and heal myself a little tonight and tomorrow at least... well, after a drink.

Akari's bar that she'd begun frequenting was small dingy and absolutely perfect for her. A tall blonde man came over to her, leaning on the counter.

"Hey sexy, did it hurt when you fell?" Fuck not this cheesy pick up line again.

"No, but my knee stings a bit."

"What?"

"Yeah, I scraped it when I crawled up from hell." She shot a dark grin at him. "Want to see my favorite way to skin a douchbag? I've gotten pretty good at it." The guy held up his hands and backed away quickly.

"You've got quite a mouth on you." The bartender scolded. She glared at him, not liking how men tended to think they could talk to her. It was always the same - they'd tell her to watch her language, to act more ladylike, to smile more.. She was sick of it. The girl who'd been working the last few days had been much more preferable - they'd gotten along well.

"Yes, and it can take quite a bit of alcohol, so I'll have another double." He frowned but poured her another glass. Four more times men tried to hit on her, she rejected and terrified them, and the bartender acted as though she was in the wrong. Finally when he said "You should just pick a man at the bar and go with it - you won't get a better offer." her final straw snapped. Threatening to cut off his arm and shove it up his ass, he cut her off. Akari was swearing and pulling out a knife to make good on her threat when a large hand landed on her shoulder. She slashed more accurately than any trashed person should be able to but her attack was blocked by a gloved hand.

"Hey kid, that's enough." The voice was quiet, low, and for some reason sent shivers up her spine. Turning around to give the guy a piece of her mind she suddenly lost all words. He was taller and more muscular but he looked more or less the same to her. A narcissistic asshole who she hadn't thought she'd see ever again.  Demon of the Mist my fuckin' ass.  She rolled her eyes at his audacity. "Besides, I know you wouldn't want to hurt my perfect body."

"Psh, fuck off."

"If you insist." He winked. "Let's get going."

The bartender was staring openly.

"Let go of me you asshole - you think we're still cool?"

With an exasperated sigh he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. She kicked and punched, though the way he was holding her stopped her from reaching her weapons and despite everything she didn't want to use jutsu on him. "I swear I'll skin you alive you pointy toothed weirdo." She hissed as she gave up her struggle. He carried her to her hotel (she had no idea how he knew where she was staying) and ignoring the shocked look of the front desk man proceeded to carry her up to her room.

"Key."

"It's in my weapons pouch." She could feel his hand so close to her ass and even after it left the pouch he patted her there, causing her to flinch. That was the final straw. Sending a strong electric current through her body she forced him to release her as he opened the door, though he still shoved her inside.