Chapter 13) Running

Akari managed to go a full four days without seeing anyone. Four days of walking through the land, enjoying the sights and making her way toward the harbor. Sure she was habitually cold, colder than usual now that she was so thin, but there were a few warmer sets of clothing not sealed away in scrolls that had been shoved into her bag and they were enough. The only unenjoyable aspect was the strange feeling in her abdomen. She'd thrown up every day since leaving and could feel chakra that wasn't her own. That she had no access to. She'd been able to ignore it over the last few weeks while experiencing pain but now it was always evident. Not being an idiot she knew what this meant, she'd known for a while, she just wasn't sure what to do yet. It was a blessing that Sarame hadn't mentioned it to Yagura yet. A part of her had hoped that Yagura's torture would have resolved the problem, but no luck.

It was just after noon and Akari was dangling her feet in a small lake to cool off when there was a rustle in the bushes and a strange looking man came out. He was split down the center, the left side white, the right side black. Along with this there was a weird sort of plant growing from his neck, he had green hair, green pupiless eyes, and was wearing a black cloak with red clouds on it.

"She smells delicious." he said in a deep voice. To her surprise he responded to himself in a higher pitched voice.

"No, we just ate someone earlier today. She's so pretty.. We should let her live and bloom longer.

"The last person was hours ago and they didn't smell so sweet. Let's have desert."

"If you insist."

The man took a step forward and Akari drew her sword. She might not have chakra but she could still fight now that she was unchained and had weapons again. There was no way in hell she'd be going down without a fight.

"Ooh, the little girl is going to fight us? How amusing." He chuckled darkly.

"Tobi thinks Zetsu will get fat if he eats another person so soon

"Tobi thinks Zetsu will get fat if he eats another person so soon." A new singsongy voice joined in as a person appeared from nowhere. He was sitting on the ground and was dressed all in black save for a green scarf and a swirled orange mask. "Tobi will deal with her instead." He rose and walked over towards Akari while the plant man stayed back."

"If you insist."

"Tobi likes to play." The boy said happily as he took out a chain like weapon. "Will the pretty girl be Tobi's friend? Tobi is a good boy." He clamped the chains to his own wrists.

"I'll be Tobi's friend if he decides not to kill me." She reasoned, gripping her sword hilt tighter.