Chapter 39)Decisions

"We don't have much time. Double check, make sure everyone is safe. I've made a decision. Now that the war is over we will try for peace - I'm going to go offer our assistance. Ryuu, I need you to go to the hospital. Inform them that we may be about to get an influx of patients. I don't know how many - tell them to expect the worst but hope for the best. They'll be arriving shortly." Ryuu nodded with a stupid grin on his face and used a shadow flicker technique to get there quickly. Yeah yeah, I know this is what you wanted. "Like I said, the rest of you please double check the village. And don't forget the orphanage. I want every building searched as well as the surrounding area." Her shinobi nodded and took off. Dammit Obito, I'm sorry. I was going to stick with your plan but after the Tsukuyomi... I'm sick of people destroying things instead of fixing them. Her mind was on the Uchihas. On Haru and also her family. Focusing on the seal she had put on Shikaku's shoulder so long ago she teleported.

---3rd person pov---

Shinobi were helping each other, trying not to use chakra. Many were gaunt and exhausted, so close to death. A few who had been near headquarters when it had been hit had just arrived and they'd layed what was left of those who'd remained in the building on the ground with the other dead. A blanket was placed over both Shikaku and Inoichi so that only their heads showed. Limbs had been torn off by the blast and in Shikaku's case his upper and lower halves had separated. The blanket was necessary so that people were able to look at their lost comrades more comfortably.  

Shikamaru was crying, unable to take his eyes off of his father. Ino too was in tears. Choza was nearby trying to comfort them despite his own grief. Tsunade too was gazing upon them, as were about two dozen other shinobi. The rest were gathering more dead or the injured, bringing them to the medical tent even though no one had the chakra left to heal them. Suddenly out of nowhere, standing near Shikaku's head, stood an unknown girl. Her fire-red hair was tied up in a ponytail, her black Akatsuki cloak rustling slightly in the light wind. She was standing, tense and ready, anticipating a fight. For a moment it seemed as though time stood still and then all hell broke loose.

Shuriken and kunai flew in a sea of grey and silver amid cries of 'Akatsuki' and 'Kill her'. The girl stood almost protectively over the body of Shikaku and parried with a kunai in each hand, moving at a nearly inhuman speed, her body emitting a dark blue chakra. A water attack came and the girl blew a massive fireball jutsu that caused the water to evaporate.

"Stop. You're going to harm the bodies." She ordered in a firm but calm voice. "Besides, you shouldn't waste your chakra."

Tenten let another wave of weapons fly and again the girl parried. A massive shuriken flew, and before she could block it the weapon had been stopped by a large swarm of insects. An ashen faced man staggered over to her and her eyes widened slightly.

"You look like shit." She said quietly.

"Well at least I'm alive."

She grinned apologetically.

"Kenji!" Tsunade shouted furiously. "Explain yourself!" The exhausted man sank to his knees instead of answering.

"That's Yuri the Assassin." The Tsuchikage yelled in anger. You should know - you hired us frequently enough. His shouts were echoed by others and she braced herself again for attack. A different voice spoke from nearby.

"She's the Fourth Hokage's daughter." The voices stopped, everyone staring at Shikamaru who in turn was staring at the girl. "My father told me years ago. She's Akari Namikaze."

"Yuri the Assassin is Akari Namikaze?" Tsunade asked, still angrily.

"That's impossible - she's buried in the Mist." The Mizukage protested.