72

Adore You - Miley Cyrus 

"When you say you love me, know I love you more. And when you say you need me, know I need you more." 

HARRY

I tug on the thin fabric that hangs limply around my neck. Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I attempt for the fifth time to tie it. Of course, I fail once again. Patience was no longer something I possessed. This was bullshit. 

"How do you tie this damn thing? I didn't know we were going to a damn Bat Mitzvah. Why do I need to wear a damn tie? I hate ties." I attempt to tie it once again but the thing knots. Annoyance growing inside of each time. Fed up, I throw the tie on top of the dresser. 

"Bloody hell." I grumble in defeat. 

"Do you frequent Bat Mitzvah's often?" Isabella laughs, walking over to where I stand. She turns me around. Her small hands pick up the satin black fabric, expertly placing it under the collar of my white shirt. 

"Funny." 

"There." Smiling widely, she tugs the ends to secure the knot and pats down the collar. "Handsome." 

Isabella wraps her hands around my forearms and places a soft kiss to my cheek. Smiling down at her, my lips meet her mouth, kissing her slowly. I pull back, moving my hands around to the base of her back. The fabric of her black lace dress tickles my hands. 

"Gorgeous girl." A light pink creeps into her pale cheeks. It was cute that she still got flustered whenever I complimented her. 

"Let's go downstairs." She wraps her hand around my wrist, pulling me gently towards the door. I straighten my tie and run my hands through my hair. 

Isabella's house was decorated once again all out for New Years Eve. Gold and black balloons lined the ceiling of their main sitting room. The far wall had oversized gold balloons in the shape of the upcoming year: 2015. 

Stuffy men and women in their finest clothes stood and sat all around. Crystal glasses filled of dark liquids were in the firm grasps of the men, whereas flutes of champagne were being held by the women. A low hum of jazz music rang throughout the home's surround sound system. 

The room was warm. Too warm. I pull my tie, loosening it up a bit. I felt suffocated just by standing in here. I felt like I had been sucked back into the world that I used to live in. A world of high class and rich bastards. People like Mark. People that I tried to avoid like the fucking plague. 

A small hand squeezes my arm. I look down only to be met with a warm smile. Isabella. The only reason why I would put up with all of this. The only reason why I am here in the first place. 

"You okay?" She looks up at me with worry in her eyes. 

I give her my best reassuring smile, taking her hand and giving it a little squeeze. "Couldn't be better." 

She looks at me but nods. "Okay." She replies hesitantly. Not buying what I said. She knew me too well. But then again, I also knew her too well. 

"Drinks." 

"This way." 

She links our hands together once again, pulling me out of the sitting room and towards the dining room. In the corner of the room sat a large liquor cabinet. Something I've had my watchful eye on since the moment I got here. 

Expertly, Isabella pours us two drinks. Gin for her and a scotch for myself. She hands me the glass. "Here you go." 

Grateful, I take the glass, giving her a kiss on the cheek in return. The moment the burning liquid touches my throat, all of the left over nerves I had pent up disperse. It was almost pathetic how much reliance I still had with alcohol. I wasn't as reliant on the shit like I was a year ago. Not since I've been with Isabella. She really doesn't realize the effect she has had on me.