68

Everything I ask For - The Maine

"She makes me feel like shit. It's always something. But I can't get over it. She think's its nothing. Cause she's everything I ask for and so much more."

HARRY

NOVEMBER

A loud crack sounds throughout the flat. I use the fireplace poking stick to move the logs around. Shifting them around to better the flame. A flame catches on to an unlit log. The blaze leaves a bright glow throughout the room. Satisfied, I put the accessory back in it's place before moving my way back to the couch. The cushion dips as I sit. Automatically, Isabella's small body curls up into my side. I wrap my arm around her, bringing her closer into me.

"This is nice," she comments softly. Her frizzy hair is pulled back into a bun. Her face fresh from makeup- a look I love the most on her.

"Pretty girl," I run my fingers along her jawline. She hum's softly, her head nuzzling further into my hand. She shifts her hand from my thigh to the bottom of my jumper. Her grip holding tightly to it while she plays with a loose thread. She looks up at me and smiles, her eyes lit up. Contentment plastered all over her features. I take the opportunity to press my lips to the top of her head.

"Yeah," I exhale a long breath. "I like this."

Living with Isabella has proven to be easier than I thought. All of my pent up anxiety and doubts that this would change us, had been pushed to the back of my mind. Sure, it was almost too good to be true, but I wasn't going to complain. I wasn't going to push our luck. Maybe things like this was supposed to be easy. Couples can live together without issues. What made us different? I was so used to bad things happening to me that I was pretty sure that good was never in my favor. Over the past month, my demons have been silent. I thank Isabella for that.

"How was your day?" I ask her quietly, hands still threading through her hair. A content hum passes through her lips.

"Good. I really like this internship." She informs me, her tiny hand pushed against my chest. "How was your day?"

"It was fine." I never thought I'd have someone to come home to at the end of the day. Someone I can lay down on the couch with, while a fire is lit, and talk about our days. I would be lying if I said I didn't like it. In a strange way, I liked having someone to come home to and talk about my day. "Tell me about your day."

Isabella sits up. She pulls her knees to her chest, while her head moves against my shoulder. She pulls the throw blanket that sits on the other side of the couch around us. Snuggling in closer to my body, I hold her tight. "Well," she begins once she is settled. I smile at the excitement in her eyes. "Bea is an amazing employer. I get a lot of hands on experience, which I like. She's had me sit in on a few meetings with authors too. Right now I'm working on a project with one of her team members. They signed on with this young author. Basically I get to help with the book launch and planning it, as well as working along side her. It's cool! A lot of work, but it's good. I don't know. I like being busy."

"Don't over work yourself." I tell her sternly. The last thing I needed was to have her getting herself overstressed and overworked.

"I'm not." She tells me gently. Her hand rubs my chest lightly. Her eyes trained on my tattooed skin. "It's good. I'm learning a lot."

A comfortable silences fills the room. Her head still lays on my shoulder. "I talked to my mum today."

Isabella sits up, her eyes looking into mine. "About what?"

"My past." She quirks a brow, urging me silently to go on, but not pushing for information. I had made a promise to myself that I would be more open with her. It was a promise that I needed to keep if I wanted this to work. "I uh, apologized. For everything I put her through. It wasn't fair, everything I did. I was a fuck up and she didn't deserve it."