62

Story Of My Life - One Direction 

"And I'll be gone, gone tonight. The ground beneath my feet is open wide. The way that I been holding on too tight, with nothing in between." 

ISABELLA

He calls out for me, but I ignore his drunken pleas. Every inch of me is screaming to run away, to get out of here and to do it quick. He was drunk and hurt, but that was not an excuse to do what he did. To dance with some girl like that. To touch her the way that he did. To look at her the way that he did. 

He claimed that he loved me. That I was the one for him and that nobody else mattered. If that was the case, if those words were true, he wouldn't have done what he did. What I experienced tonight wasn't love. It was inconsiderate, rude, and most of all it was heartbreaking. 

"Isabella!" He shouts out to me. I ignore his pleas for me to stop. My feet only taking me faster across the front yard and towards the sidewalk. I reach for my phone in my messy bag. Once I find it, I pull it out and call the first cab number that pops up in my google search. 

"Manchester Cars, how may I assist you?"  A voice on the other line picks up. 

"Hi. I need a car. I'm at 23 Spruce Lane. If you can get here as soon as possible that'd be great. Thank you." 

"Will do ma'am. A car will be with you shortly." I hang up after saying a quick thank you. 

The late summer air wind cut through my thin t-shirt. I was beginning to regret wearing a skirt. I wrap my arms around my body, using as much body heat as I could muster up to keep me warm. Time seemed to move slowly. Bitter emotions were picking away at my heart. The vivid pictures of Harry and that girl, whoever she was, dancing away continued to play in my mind like a broken film. 

I walk in circles. The movement generating some heat to my cold fingers and toes. I can hear someone move close to me. The familiar scent of mint and aged whiskey filters through the air and into my senses. "Isabella will you fucking wait." He calls out for me. I cringe at the harshness of his voice. 

My head whips to the side, eyes narrowing at the man in front of me. Harry is panting, surely out of breath from running after me. 

"Get away from me!"  

I bite my lip to hold back the hot tears that fight to fall down my cheeks. I couldn't appear to be weak. He would use it to his advantage. 

"For fucks sake." He mutters under his breath. His green eyes are no longer bright and clear, but have been darkened by his night of partying. His hair is a disheveled mess on top of of his hair. Clear signs of him running his fingers through it is evident in the way that it falls back. 

"What are you doing?" 

"Why would you care about what I'm doing. You obviously didn't care about me while you were gyrating your fucking hips into that girl's ass." I scoff at him. Harry's eyes narrow. 

"Please." It was his turn to scoff. "It was your idea to come to this party in the first place. I was having some fun." 

"Oh? Because leaving your girlfriend alone at a party she doesn't know anyone at is really fun. Thanks Harry. It's great to know what your definition of a good time is. I'll make a note of it for all future events." I retort back. Each word dripping with sarcasm. He had some nerve to throw this back in my face. I turn around and begin walking in the opposite direction of him and the party.

"Where the hell are you going?"

"To a club. Maybe there's a hot guy I can go dance with. I hear it's the thing to do." I yell over my shoulder.