61

Wicked Games - The Weeknd 

"Bring your love baby I can bring my shame. Bring the drugs baby I can bring my pain. I got my heart right here, I got my scars right here." 

HARRY 

The cool liquid of the alcohol did nothing to soothe my aching head. The moment we stepped into this house, memories of my broken adolescence hit me like a freight train. My body strained to keep calm, but my blood was boiling to the brim. Every emotion that I tried my best to keep at bay was fighting to break free. I could feel my hands shake with burning anger. 

She didn't know. She didn't know the memories that this house held. She didn't know what my "mates" did to me... to Sarah. Isabella didn't have a fucking clue; but then again, she was nosy enough to figure it all out. It was one of her flaws. A personality trait that I had a hard time loving but attempted to anyways because I loved her. She was adamant. Her incessant need to know everything and question me constantly was persistent and infuriating. Yet, regardless of that, I still loved her. That didn't stop me from being so incredibly pissed off at her. 

I couldn't be around Izzy. Not right now. Not when she had that irritating need to question me about my past. That was why I had found myself surrounded by the same group of guys that I  had once called my friends. 

Mason, Fraser and Tanner looked at me. Smirks and amusement flashed behind their bloodshot eyes. "Long time no see mate." Tanner greets me with a drunken slap to the back. 

"Not long enough," I mutter back. Fuck, why was I here? Why did I agree to this? 

"I heard you have a girl with you. Didn't think that ever happen again." Fraser adds. 

I don't reply. Instead, I take another sip from my drink. The weak intake of alcohol doing nothing to block my senses from the cruel, laughable scene I surrounded myself with. 

"Where is she? I heard she's a sexy little thing." 

"American too." Mason smirked at Tanner. 

"Where is she so we can meet her? I have a hard time that you'd ever move on from Sarah." 

I grip the bottle tighter. He had some fucking nerve to bring Sarah up. "She's around." I tell him. 

"Classic Styles. Leaving his girl alone in a crowded room." Fraser laughs. 

The longer I stood here, the looser of a grip I had on my patience. I take a seat on a chair beside them. If I was going to be here, I might as well sit down. "What's up with the weak ass drink?" Mason takes notice of the cooler in my hands. I shrug in response. He shakes his head, laughing to himself, as he reaches over for a half empty bottle of whiskey and an unlit joint. 

"Here," he passes me the bottle and joint. I don't think twice before I take a long drink from the glass. The alcohol burns as it runs down my throat. The familiar feeling washing over me. I can feel my senses slowly grow fuzzy. I take the joint in between my fingers and bring it to my lips. Inhaling the smoke, my throat continues to burn. But I didn't care. My body welcomes the feeling. The numbness taking over my senses. 

I lean back against the chair. My eyelids fluttering shut. I take another hit from the joint. "Why'd you move in here." My words are directed towards Mason. 

He doesn't say anything at first. I open my eyes slowly, my vision blurry from the narcotics. He looks over at me. His body is hunched over. His elbows resting on his knees. Fraser and Tanner are quiet beside him. Their mouths preoccupied with their full glasses of liquor. 

"Are you going to tell me or not?" Patience was growing thin. My raspy voice growing louder with each passing second. The longer I sat here, the higher my anxiousness grew.