32

Shot At The Night - The Killers

ISABELLA 

Every item of clothing that I owned either made me feel fat or look like a middle aged dad at a family barbecue (who is clearly suffering with a mid-life crisis). Nothing was cute, nothing fit. The date hadn't even started yet and I was already feeling woozy. This was a terrible idea. It had to be. Everything seemed to not be working for me, all signs pointing at me staying home, calling Harry claiming to have fallen helplessly with the bird flu, and am unable to make our date. That was clearly the only and most obvious option that I had left. 

"I have no clothes!" My body fell down into the jumbled pile of mix matched dresses and skirts. "Nothing wants to fit." 

"Breathe," Nat's soft voice soothes from the my small computer screen. I glance up from my spot on the floor. I strain my eyes up and over my rumpled covers. I catch a glimpse of Nat's amused smirk. "You are acting as if this is the first date you've ever been on." 

On my hands and knees, I crawl over to the bed. With every ounce of strength that I seemingly have left, I push my body up on top of my covers. A loud and long-winded groan escapes my mouth. "I am so nervous," I admit to Nat. 

"I couldn't tell," she giggles. I subtly raise my hand, showcasing my freshly painted middle finger. "Right back at you, bitch." She is now laughing. 

"God," I groan out. I bring a pillow to my face, smothering myself with it as I yell, frustrated. "Why am I a mess?" 

"Because you like him," she states as if it's completely obvious. "And from the pictures I creeped on his Facebook, which is only three by the way, he is sexy. Really sexy. Good job, sis." 

"You're not helping," I groan once again. 

Nat continues to chuckle. I slump overtop of my pillows. My hands resting underneath my face as I rest my chin. "Show me that red dress, yellow skirt with that lace top, and that black and white dress again." 

With every bit of energy that I have left, I manage to push my body up and off my bed. I walk over to the mess of clothes that lay on my floor. Picking up the three outfits that Nat suggested, I walk back over to where my laptop sits. 

I hold up a deep v-necked dress with scallop detailing. It is a curve hugging dress that hits just below the knee. It was sexy - perhaps too sexy, for a first date. "I don't know, Nat. I think this might be a bit over the top for a first real date." 

"Yeah," she agrees. "Maybe save that for the third date," she chuckles. I hang the dress back up in my closet and pick up the next outfit. 

In one hand I hold up a mustard yellow skater skirt with soft pleats. In the other Is a thin, spaghetti strapped white top with lace detailing. The bottom is cut into a triangle shape causing the lace detailing to cover my navel. 

"Cute, but maybe for a lunch date. This is a dinner date to where again?" 

"I can't remember the name but it's a small bistro on Oxford street, I think. God, I can't remember. He just said it's nice so wear something nice. Fuck men and their inability to give a woman proper details for a date!" I grumble a bit too loud. I was getting flustered and quite frankly, rather frustrated. The nerves inside of me where becoming rather overbearing. All I wanted to do was grab a pizza and hang out with Harry. 

"Show me that black dress." 

I lift up the dress. It's a strapless black and white dress that hits just above my knee. It has small white flowers that sit above the breast and thin, white lines that were drawn around them. It was a pretty dress but I felt like it was a bit too dressed up.