30

Often - The Weeknd (Kygo remix)

"I usually love sleeping all alone. This time around bring your friend with you...
Ask me if I do this everyday. I said, Often."

ISABELLA

"But you already knew that since she cheated on him with you."

The words taste bitter on my tongue. The sinking feeling that had been there the moment that Chase told me - or, rather yelled at me, returns. God, I felt so stupid. I should have known. I should have fucking known that he was only using me for his own sick game and amusement. I had genuinely believed that he did everything that he did because he liked me. That he had a real interest in me. This isn't high school, we're not children.

I guess we all have been acting a little immature.

"Isabella," he reaches his hand out to touch my knee. I back away from his touch. It stings my skin, the same electricity that doesn't seem to waver between us burns me alive.

"No. Please, don't." I wrap my jacket closer to my body, the ice cold air biting my cheeks. I bite down on my lip, not wanting the burning tears that fill my eyes to flow down. The last thing that my heart needed was to cry. Not now. Not over this.

"So what now. You're going to stay with your precious little boyfriend even though he fucking lied to you about this. That he didn't even tell you that he had a fiancee and that he basically was substituting you for her." His angry words stick through my heart like a sharp knife. Don't cry, Izzy. Don't cry. Harry stands to his feet, his hands stuffed into his pockets. He turns around so that he is now facing me fully. He moves so that he is now standing in front of me. "I don't know what you want me to tell you Isabella."

I look up at him. My eyes searching his. The vibrant greens of his irises have dimmed. The anger that he was feeling clearly overtaking his every emotion. "Tell me why you kissed me. The real reason."

Harry scoffs at me. His hand running through his messy curls while the other holds tightly to his hat. "Whatever I tell you, you're not going to believe me." He lets out a long sigh. His teeth bite down on his lip as if he is trying to calm down his anger. "I kissed you because I fucking like you."

I laugh. I don't mean to but that sentence sounded hilarious coming from his lips. If you like someone, you don't fucking kiss them, especially when you know that they have a boyfriend. Even more so when you have done this before. "Right. Sure you do." I roll my eyes in annoyance. All of this was too much. Way too much.

"Fuck!" He yells, his foot kicking a stray pebble. Harry crouches down in front of me. His hands holding onto the bench on either side of me, trapping me in. "Listen to me. Okay? Just fucking listen to me." He says, his breathing growing erratic with each breath that he takes.

"When I first met Chase, it was when we were still living in Manchester. He was a real asshole but best mates with my brother. I saw him all the time. One day he came over with Arabella to our house. She was fucking hot, I give him that, but I hadn't planned on doing anything with her."

"Right," I scoff.

"Damn it. Just listen okay?" He lets out another frustrated breath before speaking once more. "I didn't want to do anything with her. I told you, I wasn't the relationship kind of guy. I was a fuck and go, but I still had my limits. That night we had a lot to drink and she gave me her number. I wasn't going to do anything with it because I never wanted to be the kind of guy that fucked another guys girl." He takes a deep breath. His eyes search mine to make sure that I'm listening. I don't say or do anything but he continues anyway.

"One day, Chase and I got into a fucking huge argument. He was being the typical arrogant prick that he always is and I had it. I fucking had it. So, I called Arabella up and we hooked up that night. I was done with her that one time but she kept calling me when she'd get drunk and we'd fuck. Even after they got engaged. I hated Chase so much that I didn't care if I was messing with his girlfriend. If you mess with me, I'm going to mess with you. Arabella was just convenient."