You And I

Prompt from 2fab4u-fangirlingislife- Can you do one where Niall and Zayn are princes from different kingdoms and the Kings from those kingdoms have a feud so they don't want their sons to see each other but they they do anyway and one night Zayn climbs up to Niall's bedroom and sings You and I to him? Thanks love (I thought of this when I had to read Juliet's role during English when we read Romeo and Juliet)

Niall's Pov:

Two different histories. Two different backgrounds. Two different families. One war being fought for reasons nobody can remember. When I asked my father why we hated them he never gave me a proper answer. The answer I did receive was 'it's what were supposed to do'. What does that even mean? Why are we supposed to hate eachother? Why must we never speak? Why are we fighting a war that started before any of us were even born? The Malik and the Horan family despise eachother. The kings on both sides decreed that the sons would only meet to do battle. From the age of ten I was taught to hate the Malik's and everyone in that family. I was taught to never associate myself with them. To never speak to them. Yaser Malik has a son, Zayn. I was forbidden from ever seeing him. If we ever went behind our fathers backs and were caught we'd both be killed. We'd be breaking the very laws we were raised to believe in. Yet were both breaking those laws. Why is it I'd risk death just to look into Zayn's eyes? Because I love him. 

Zayn and I share the same beliefs. We don't understand the war. We don't want to fight against eachother. We met by chance one night in the woods. My family were dining and I excused myself to get some fresh air. Truth be told I was sick of listening to my father. I took a walk out in the woods by myself, It was there that I first laid eyes on Zayn. Just by one glance his beauty stunned me. How could I bring myself to hate him? How could I want to kill him? We spoke and bonded with eachother. We knew we shouldn't see eachother again, But neither of us could stay away. We continued to meet in secret and we fell inlove. There was no hatred between us. There was only love and the desperate need to be together. Each time we see eachother our love grows and grows. 

"Niall" I looked over to my window when I heard Zayn's familiar voice. I quickly jumped up and rushed over to my window pulling back the curtains. Zayn was stood there. 

"Zayn what're you? Why are you here? Zayn if they find you they'll kill you" I exclaimed. 

"I had to see you" Zayn said loud enough for only me to hear. 

"Climb up quickly!" I stated. I then stood back and Zayn climbed up to my window. The second he entered my bedroom I jumped straight into his arms. "You shouldn't be here" I chocked out. 

"I know. I'm sorry. I've missed you so much" Zayn whispered lightly as he pressed a kiss to my neck, I sighed deeply. I'd been away for a few days with my father on a hunting trip. 

"I've missed you too" We pulled away from the embrace and our lips met in a gentle kiss. "I hate having to hide" I mumbled against his lips. "I hate being away from you. I hate us having to be apart like this" I exclaimed, Zayn took my face in his hands. 

"Me too. But it's not forever Ni. Nobody can stop our love growing. When the day comes and everybody finds out were together nobody is taking you away from me. Not your father, Not his warriors. Nobody. I'll fight anybody I have to" Zayn stated, I smiled weakly at him.

"I love you" I whispered Zayn smiled before slowly pecking my lips. 

"I have a surprise for you. Sit down" I sat down on my bed and Zayn crouched down infront of me. "It's a little rusty so bare with me".

'I figured it out,

I figured it out from black and white

Seconds and hours,

Maybe they had to take some time

I know how it goes,

I know how it goes from wrong and right

Silence and sound

Did they ever hold each other tight

Like us?

Did they ever fight

Like us?

You and I

We don't wanna be like them

We can make it 'til the end

Nothing can come between

You and I

Not even the gods above

Can separate the two of us

No, nothing can come between

You and I

Oh, you and I'

Zayn held my hand tightly and looked me deep in the eyes as he sang the lyrics. Each one of them touched my heart. 

'I figured it out,

Saw the mistakes of up and down

Meet in the middle,

There's always room for common ground

I see what it's like,

I see what it's like for day and night

Never together

'Cause they see things in a different light

Like us

But they never tried

Like us

You and I

We don't wanna be like them

We can make it 'til the end

Nothing can come between

You and I

Not even the gods above

Can separate the two of us

Cause you and I...

We don't wanna be like them,

We can make it 'til the end,

Nothing can come between

You and I

Not even the gods above

Can separate the two of us

No, nothing can come between

You and I

You and I

Oh, you and I

Oh, you and I'

Tears began to fall from my eyes and Zayn wiped them away with his thumb, Smiling warmly at me. 

'We can make it if we try,

You and I

Oh, you and I

I pulled Zayn into a passionate kiss. The lyrics to the song touched my heart in ways I can't explain. We both pulled away from the kiss breathlessly. I looked straight in Zayn's eyes and felt my heart ache. I didn't want him to leave.

"Niall run away with me" Zayn stated, My eyes shot open.

"I-"

"Run away with me. Forget our families. Forget this stupid war. Leave with me and we'll go somewhere nobody knows us. Somewhere we can be together. Just the two of us. I can't walk away from you tonight not knowing when I'll see you again" Zayn cupped my cheek. "Leave with me Niall please. Run with me" Zayn exclaimed. I looked in his eyes and saw no hint of doubt. I nodded my head quickly.

"Ok. We'll leave. I don't care where we go. As long as I'm with you I'll go anywhere" I said, Zayn grinned before pulling me into a tight embrace. That night we ran away together. We left everything behind. We only had eachother now but we both knew that was enough to get us through.