He's Gone

Sizzlesx on wattpad- Niall's reaction to Zayn leaving the band.

Niall's Pov:

"Zayn decided it was in his best interest to leave"

"He's gone? He's not coming back?" I don't understand. I don't get any of this. Why? Why would he? How could he? He wouldn't do this. He was happy, I know he was. He was happy with us. With me. Why? A thousand questions. Every inch of my body ached. I needed to know what happened, What changed? I could feel tears prickling at my eyes. He wouldn't do this, I know him.

"Did he say why?" I wanted to scream at whoever spoke. I wanted the answer but I couldn't handle listening to it.

"He wasn't happy anymore. He felt like he couldn't go on being the way he was" Happy? He wasn't happy? Bullshit! All those smiles and laughs, All those jokes they couldn't be faked, You can't fake happiness like that he's not that good at acting. I don't believe it. I don't believe any of this.

"We'll be releasing a statement soon explaining everything to the fans. Zayn won't be making a comment he feels it's better that way" I felt a hand land on my shoulder but I shoved it away. I got to my feet and began walking towards the door.

"Niall?" I heard my name being yelled but I didn't know who yelled it. I didn't care who yelled it. I didn't care about anything. I pulled open the door.

"Let him go. He needs space" The door slammed behind me. The same way my heart slammed shut.

I walked up to my hotel room feeling nothing but numb. I closed myself off, I didn't want to see anyone. My body felt a way it'd never felt before. A feeling was taking me over that I didn't know. The best way I can explain it? It felt like all my organs were slipping out of place and I couldn't stop them. A few tears slid from my eyes and I wiped them away quickly, I couldn't cry, I wouldn't cry. I wanted to scream at him. I wanted to punch him straight in the face. I wanted to hurt him. Hurt him like he hurt me. At the same time I wanted to fall into his arms, Tell him I didn't understand and let him tell me his reasons. I don't understand and I want to understand. I don't want to hate him but right now I just don't know the truth. I took a deep breath and reached into my pocket, I pulled my phone out and without thinking bought up his contact. With shaky hands I pressed call and held the phone to my ear. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Voicemail.Coward! Leave a voicemail, I intend too.

"So that's it? You make a decision like that and don't even tell us yourself? Do you know how much of a coward you are? Such a big man getting someone else to do your dirty work. Getting someone to tell us you ain't coming back, Brave real brave Zayn. Shouldn't be surprised though should I? You always ran when things got hard. Was it all lies? This your plan from the start? Get the attention, Get the money then fuck off and leave us? Five years! Five fucking years and now you say you aren't happy? Liar. That's what you are a fucking liar!" I felt my anger slowly flow away. "Why? Why Zayn? How could you? How could you do it? You said you'd be back and now you aren't. You were happy, I know you were" I inhaled. "Tell me why. Just tell me why you've done it. I don't hate you, I just, I don't understand. I don't hate you" Tears fell. "I'm trying not to hate you" I hung up the phone and dropped it to the floor. I don't know if it shattered, I never bothered to look. I crashed down into the mattress and allowed my tears to fall. I cried. I cried like I've never cried before.

The door to the hotel room opened. I didn't raise my head from the pillow. Footsteps walked towards me. The mattress dipped down and I felt a hand being placed on my lower back. I looked up and saw Liam's understanding eyes looking down at me.

"We can bring him back. We can talk to him right?" I exclaimed, Liam sighed.

"We can try but, I don't know. I really don't know Niall" He mumbled.

"He's gone. He's gone Liam" I cried out. Saying the words broke me in half. Liam pulled me up and into his arms. Zayn was gone. He was really gone and nothing would bring him back. The cry I let out was of pure pain. Liam held me against his chest as every emotion I had poured out my body. He was gone and I didn't know how I'd do this without him.