Focus On Me

Tumblr prompt- Zayn and Niall get into a heated argument (doesn't matter where they're coming from) and they're riding the elevator but it gets stuck and with Niall being claustrophobic Zayn does everything he could to calm him down. Maybe with kisses 

Zayn's Pov:

"You aren't seriously still pissed off at me are you?" I exclaimed, Niall ignored my question pushing straight past me. "Oh come on! Niall this is stupid. I wouldn't do that to you and you know it. Ni for god sake talk to me!" I stated. Niall quickly came out from around the corner and threw a pillow and blanket at me.

"You can sleep on the couch!" He yelled before slamming our bedroom door closed. 

I looked down at the floor as Niall walked into the elevator. We had a huge bust up last night over I can't even remember what. When we woke up this morning Niall was still pissed at me. The thing with Niall and I is neither of us want to be the first to apologize. I quickly glanced over at Niall to see he was checking his phone. I went to open my mouth but stopped when the elevator came to a abrupt halt. 

"What the?" Niall exclaimed.

"It's broken down" I said as I pushed the emergency button. A alarm began to go off signaling that the elevator had broken down and people were trapped inside. After being told we had to wait until somebody came I crouched down and sighed. Niall's eyes were darting all over the elevator. 

"I don't like this. I don't like it" He exclaimed. 

"They said it won't be long. We just gotta wait calmly and not freak out" I said. 

"Not freak out? Well that's easy for them to say ain't it?! They aren't the ones stuck in this thing! I have to get out" Niall jumped to his feet. "I have to get out! Please! Please someone help! Somebody help us please!" Niall screamed as he banged on the elevator doors. I quickly jumped to my feet trying to restrain him. 

"Ni stop. Ni stop come on. Come on calm down" I could fell Niall's heart pounding against my chest and his body was shaking harshly. 

"I need to get out. I have to get out. I don't like it! I can't breathe in here! i can't breathe Zi" Niall chocked out while desperately gasping for breath. I pulled him even closer to me. 

"Hey come on. Ni look at me. Niall look at me" Niall did as I said and his eyes were filled with fear. "Breathe for me. Come on Ni breathe nice and slow for me. I know you don't like it. Come on nice slow deep breaths. Just look straight at me don't think of anything else just look at me and breathe" Niall wasn't calming down infact he was getting worse. "Niall come on baby. Look me straight in the eyes and only look at me. I'm right here alright? I'm right here with you and nothing is going to happen to you. Breathe baby nice and calmly" Niall did as I said, His watery eyes were staring back at me. "Breathe in hold it for a few seconds now breathe out nice and slow" Niall did it. "And again" I slowly guided Niall through some light breathing exercises. The ones I always did for him when he started to panic. The elevator made a loud noise and Niall's eyes grew even wider. 

"Get me out! Zayn please get me out!" He sobbed while gripping hold of my hand. 

"Come here. Come here Ni" Niall shot straight into my arms and buried his face in my shirt, I quickly wrapped my arms around him. "I got you. Nothings going to happen to you. I promise you'll be fine. Just focus on my voice. Nothing else just my voice" I rubbed soothing circles into Niall's back. "We'll get out real soon and when we do we'll go get some food yeah?" Niall huddled closer to me nodding his head. "It's ok. I got you. I got you Ni" I pressed a kiss to his head. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry about the fight. I should have believed you. I know you wouldn't call them I was just angry when I saw somebody else with you and I-"

"Shh don't apologize. It's good to know you still get jealous" I joked as I gently nudged Niall's shoulder, He chuckled lightly. 

"I love you Zi" Niall whispered. 

"I love you too" I stated, Niall smiled weakly and his eyes quickly shot back to the doors.

"When will they get here" He whispered.

"It won't be long. Don't think about that alright? Just stay focused on me and my voice" I said softly before beginning to press kisses all over Niall's face, He giggled.

"I don't deserve you. Even after I've acted like a complete idiot you still look after me" 

"Because I love you. Because I know you feel safe in my arms. And when we get out we'll go back to the apartment and we'll order a takeaway and watch whatever you wanna watch" I said, Niall smiled and nodded his head. 

"Sounds good" He whispered as he cuddled closer to me.

Fifteen minutes passed before someone finally arrived to get the elevator open. Once the doors were open Niall shot out of them and inhaled deeply. I walked out after him and Niall grabbed hold of my hand. We used the stairs and headed back up to the apartment. I ordered us a takeaway while Niall chose some films. We cuddled on the sofa holding onto to eachother. Sometimes we get jealous. When you love someone you can't help it, But no matter how badly we've been fighting when one of us needs the other we'll always be there.