Ignore The Stares

Tumblr prompt- niall is new to a boxing group and Zayn is the leader and famous for being broody and rude to everyone but it changes when he sees niall and drags him aside to learn him some secret tricks but then tje day after he sees niall with his friend Liam so he gets jealous and kisses him infront of everyone 

Zayn's Pov:

Boxings more then just a sport. It's more then what people think. To me boxings an escape. It's a way for me to channel any aggression I have. I started off boxing just because it was something I was interested in. I never for a second thought I'd become one of the people who just had a natural talent for it. When I got older I wanted to start up my own boxing group. Teach people the lessons boxing taught me. Keep kids off the streets and away from gangs. It wasn't easy. It took alot of work, Money and dedication but eventually I did it. I built a name for myself. A name that wasn't always spoken of in a positive way, But peoples opinions never really mattered to me. I was doing something I was passionate about, And I was helping people, Any opinions people had of me they could keep to themselves because I never cared to listen.

Niall came into my life through boxing. He came down to the center wanting to sign up. When I first laid eyes on him I didn't think he was serious at all. To look at him you wouldn't think he'd be interested in any of this, But we never turn away a person who's willing to learn regardless of appearance. We gave Niall a shot and paired him up with trainers Louis and Harry. Niall and I never really had a proper conversation. He'd smile warmly at me when I entered the room to watch him train, But that's about is. I knew people were telling him stories. Stories about how I was unapproachable, Broody and rude, But what people don't understand is boxing isin't for the light hearted. To survive in this world you have to be made of iron, If you aren't you just won't survive. I took a sip from my water bottle as I done my normal rounds. I yelled out when people were doing the wrong things, Or if I thought they wern't trying hard enough. I then began making my way back to the office before I was stopped by Niall. 

"Zayn, I've been looking all over for you" He said.

"What can I do for you Niall?" I asked. 

"Well I was supposed to have a session with Louis and Harry today, But Louis ill and Harry's covering for him with somebody else" I nodded my head, I knew all this already. 

"Ok" I questioned.

"But the thing is I really want the session, And I know how much skill you have. I was wondering maybe if you aren't to busy, You could show me a few things? You know help me improve on a few things?" Niall asked.

"I don-"

"I mean I know your really busy and there's probably people here with alot more talent then I have, People who deserve your time more but half hour that's all I'm asking, I'd really appreciate it, Please?" Niall pleaded, I sighed. I had alot of work to do, But Niall was serious about this, He had the same fire in his eyes that I had. I nodded my head in agreement and a smile spread straight across Niall's face. 

"Meet me by the punchbags in the gym, Nobodys booked in to use it till later".

"Keep your hands up at all times Niall! Never leave your face open!" I yelled as I watched Niall punch the punchbag over and over again. 

"Like this?" Niall asked as he raised his hands higher. 

"Exactly!" I stated. 

"So" Niall punched the bag again. "Why do people think your this massive dick with a oversized ego?" Niall questioned.

"Maybe I am. Put more force behind the punch you aren't picking flowers! Your trying to stop this guy from putting you on your ass!" I yelled.

"I don't think you are. I just think your misjudged that's all" He replied, Niall continued hitting the punchbag but he was doing it all wrong. 

"You aren't doing it right" I moved so I was standing behind him, I then placed one hand on his hip and the other on his knuckle. "Swing like this" I said before guiding Niall's hips and fist, Niall flowed easily. The session went on for another few hours. Both Niall and I lost track of time. I taught him some new moves and we just started talking. Niall was easy to be around, He made me laugh and he was easy to talk to. He was the first person who wasn't intimidated by me, Who wanted to get to know the real me, Not the me people think they know. I loved spending time with him. I loved getting to know him better. We had a connection. 

The next day I couldn't wait for Niall to arrive for his lesson. I'd asked Louis if we could swap. I take Niall and he works on things in the office. I liked Niall, I'm not going to deny that. There's something about him that I just adore. I keep finding myself thinking about him when I don't want to. When I'm trying to get some work done he'll just pop into my mind and I'll instantly smile. When Niall did arrive I wasn't bargaining on him having company. 

"Hey Lou, Who's that?" I asked, Louis looked over in the direction of the door. 

"Oh that's Liam. He's Niall's bestfriend" Louis informed me, I raised my eyebrow. Looks a little cosy to me. "You jealous Zayney?" Louis teased me.

"No" I stated.

"What would people think? Zayn Malik falling for a boy like Niall?" Louis mocked. 

"Don't care what people think" I said. 

"Then what you doing here staring a hole in Liam's face? You got the hots for Niall, He's clearly got the hots for you so go do something about it" Louis encouraged me, I quickly nodded my head before pushing off against the wall and making my way over to Niall. 

"Zayn!" Niall stated happily. "My friend Liam's interested in starting up bo-" I silenced Niall by pressing my lips firmly against his, Niall's arms quickly wrapped around my neck as he returned the kiss. 

"Dinner tonight?" I asked when we pulled away, Niall smirked. 

"Aren't you supposed to wine and dine me then kiss me? That's the normal routine isin't it?" Niall commented, I chuckled. 

"Normal's boring" I replied. "So is my boy gonna join me for dinner or what?" 

"Your boy? That what I am now?" He asked.

"If you wanna be" I said, Niall smiled before nodding his head, He then pulled me back in for another kiss. People were going to have an opinion about this, I knew they would. But I never let opinions bother me before and I'm not going to start now.