Come Home Please

Prompt from __Mella- Niall falls out of love with Zayn and Zayn finds out, and goes away leaving a letter saying that he's letting him go because he loves Niall and wants him to be happy? You can decide the rest but happy ending

Dear Niall,

I know I'm a coward for doing it this way. I should have spoken to you about it but it was to hard. Things haven't been right between us for a long time. I kept telling myself we'd work it out. We'd find a way through it but that'd only happen if we both wanted it to. But we didn't both want it did we? I don't blame you. There's a part of me that wants to. A part of me that wants to hate you, But I can't. What changed? I wish I knew the answer to that question. If I did maybe I'd be able to sort this out. Maybe I'd find a way to fix us. For a relationship to work both people have to want it to. Both peoples hearts have to be in it. But your heart isn't in it anymore and I can't keep pretending it is. You don't love me anymore and I wish more than anything I knew why. I wish I knew what changed between us. Our relationships been one sided for so long Niall. I tried to deal with it but it didn't work. My whole heart belongs to you and deep down I know it always will. I won't be this manipulative person. I won't be controlling and make you work at something you no longer believe in. I'm going to leave. I'm going to go and allow you to be happy. Forgive me for being a coward. Forgive me for not being able to do this to your face. I couldn't say goodbye to you face to face. If I did it'd destroy me. I want you to be happy Niall and for that to happen I need to let you go. So that's what I'm doing. I'm letting you go. Please be happy it's all I've ever wanted for you. I'm just sorry that I couldn't do it for you anymore. Goodbye Niall. 

Love always your Zayn. 

Niall's Pov:

"Staring at the door won't make him walk through it mate" Louis voice sounded in my ears. I reluctantly looked away from the door. 

"Are you sure he's coming tonight? He definitely said he'd be here?" I questioned. 

"The answer hasn't changed since a hour ago Niall. He told Liam he'd be here unless something came up and if he did he'd call" Louis repeated for the hundredth time. 

"Has he texted?" Louis shook his head. "I'm sorry. I know I'm doing everyones heads in. But, It's been a year Lou"

"I know mate" Louis said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. 

"Do you think he hates me? So longs passed. I'm scared that he hates me" I mumbled.

"You can ask him that" Louis said softly. I looked up and felt my heart stop. Zayn had just walked through the door. I watched on frozen as everyone greeted him. As he hugged them my confidence slipped down further. I have no right to talk to him about this. I broke his heart how can I expect anything from him? Louis squeezed my shoulder before making his way up to Zayn. He hugged him tightly and whispered something into his ear. Zayn then looked over at me and smiled weakly. He then approached me. My mouth felt dry. 

"Hi" Zayn said when he stopped infront of me. 

"Hi" I heard myself speak but I wasn't sure if Zayn heard it. 

"Wanna go somewhere a little more private?" Zayn asked, I nodded my head instantly. 

Zayn and I walked up to Louis bedroom in complete silence. Louis said we could use his room to talk and we should take as long as we need. We walked into the bedroom and I closed the door behind us. Zayn walked over to Louis bed and sat down. I opted to sit on Louis desk chair. 

"So em how have you been?" Zayn asked clearly trying to break the awkward silence between us. 

"Alright. I got a promotion at work" Zayn nodded. 

"Congratulations" He said. 

"What about you?" I questioned.

"Working with my dad. It's not much but keeps the bills paid" Zayn replied, I took a deep breath. 

"Where did you go? When you left?" Zayn looked at me with soft broken eyes. 

"Back home. Stayed with my parents for a while. Then I reconnected with some old friends. Started working for my dad and moved into Danny's apartment with him" Zayn informed me. 

"I'm sorry" I blurted out. "I'm sorry for everything" Zayn shook his head. 

"Don't apologize. You can't apologize for falling out of love with someone. You can't beat yourself up over it" Zayn said. 

"That's not what I'm sorry for. Well it is part of it. I'm sorry for letting you go. I took everything for granted Zayn. I took you for granted and I shouldn't have done that. You are the only real love I've ever known. For a while I started thinking maybe there's something more out there, But I was wrong. I was wrong about everything. I thought I'd be alright if you ever left but I'm not. I'm not Zayn" Zayn cut me off. 

"Niall don't"

"I have to. Zayn please just listen. If you walk away from me after you hear this then I understand. I just need you to hear this. I broke every promise I ever made to you. I hate myself for doing it. I thought I'd fallen out of love with you but, But when I read the letter I'd never felt my insides ache the way they did. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't do anything without thinking about the letter. This past year I've been miserable. All I've wanted was to call you and ask you to come home. I've wanted to but how could I when I broke your heart? How selfish am I? I want all these things from you but I'm the one who caused this" Tears slid down my face as each word left my lips.

"If you asked me to come home I would" Zayn said softly. My eyes shot wide open. "Leaving you was the hardest thing I've done. But I did it because I thought it was the best thing for you. I didn't do it because I stopped loving you that's never happened" Zayn stated. A cry fell from my lips. Zayn stood from the bed and walked over to me. "I love you Niall. That hasn't changed not for a single second" He said. I looked him in the eyes. I never thought I'd look at him ever again. I never thought he'd look at me this way again. 

"Come home Zayn. Please come home" I pleaded, Zayn ran his fingers down my tear filled face. 

"Is it really what you want?" He asked, I nodded my head instantly.

"Come home" I repeated. Zayn inhaled deeply and nodded his head. 

"Ok. I'll come home" I wrapped my arms around him tightly and we stood embracing for the longest time. Both of us wanted to forget a world existed outside the bedroom door. I thought I could be without Zayn. But being without him proved that I never could be. Now he's back I'm not letting him go anywhere again.