Will You Be My Boyfriend?

Tumblr prompt from ziallsterek on tumblr-  Nialls the cheerleading coach and zayns the football(US football) coach and zayn tells niall cheerleading isnt a sport so niall shows zayn cheerleading is a sport by making zayn do all the routines,stretches etc. & at the end zayn is tired and niall is still energetic and Zayns like"ok you proved me wrong"and they end up full on making out and they got together during the end of the game by zayn making the cheerleaders and footballers spell out will you be my boyfriend

Zayn's Pov:

"How can you say it's not a sport?" Niall exclaimed.

"Because it's not! You jump around, Do a few flips maybe even a lift sometimes. Lasts what? A maximum three minutes, It's not a sport" I stated.

"Cheerleading is as much of a sport as football is. Do you know how much energy you have to have to do them? The strength you need to have to be able to keep the energy going? It's not easy" Niall argued. Niall's the coach of the cheerleaders and I'm the football coach. We've been friends for a number of months and we've been debating this topic for the past twenty minutes. 

"It's hardly difficult to jump around for a few minutes and lift someone up, Niall I could do it" I said, Niall raised his eyebrow. 

"Prove it then" He stated. "Don't look at me like that either. You said you could do it so prove it. Do our workout, Our stretches and learn a routine then come and tell me it's not a sport" Niall stated, I chuckled before nodding my head.

"Alright. Your on" I agreed. This was going to be easy. 

We started off after football practice the next day. Niall started me off with some basic stretches. He was getting me in positions I'd never been in before. I'd be lying if I said I didn't start to feel the burn a little, But it was nothing I couldn't handle. Once we'd finished stretching I smirked at Niall and he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Were just getting warmed up pretty boy" He said with a evil grin on his face. Niall had me running and jumping around like a mad person. My heart was pounding and sweat was beginning to pour down my body. As I slowed down Niall only seemed to pick up pace. "Come on Malik! No time to rest!" Niall stated as he jumped up and down, I was crouching down on the floor gasping for breath. My legs were killing me and so was my back.

"I-I-n-eed a break!" I chocked out while desperately gasping for air. 

"A break? No you only need a break if you get tired. Cheerleadings not a sport so you shouldn't be tired now should you" Niall commented with a smirk, I looked up at him. He's never going to let me forget this. 

"Alright! Alright! You were right! Cheerleadings a sport you proved me wrong! Well done. Now excuse me while I choke to death!" I exclaimed, Niall laughed loudly before crouching down beside me. 

"Take slow deep breaths you'll be fine in a few minutes" He said, I nodded my head. 

"I dunno how you do it. How do you have the energy to move after that?" I questioned, Niall shrugged his shoulders. 

"In good shape I guess. Plus I stretched properly unlike somebody" Niall commented, I rolled my eyes. 

"Those stretches are evil! The human body isin't meant to bend that way" I stated. "Ahh! I ache!" I cried out, Niall laughed.

"Big strong football coach crying over a little ache, Bless you" Niall teased.

"Shut it Horan!"

"Oh come on! I love teasing you. You get so wound up by it. Then your face goes all red and you scrunch up your nose"

"I do not!" I stated, Niall laughed once again.

"Yeah you do. It's cute" I looked up at Niall. "Your cute" He added, I felt a blush spread straight across my face. Niall moved so he was sat beside me, He placed his hand gently on my cheek.

"Would you punch me if I kissed you?" He whispered.

"No. But I'll punch you if you don't" I replied, Niall smirked before leaning forward and pressing his lips against mine. I returned the kiss straight away. The kiss turned passionate quickly, Niall and I were holding eachother close and our tongues were moving around together. Even when we finally pulled away we were only apart for a few seconds before our lips met once again.

From the moment we kissed I knew I wanted to be with him. I wanted Niall to be my boyfriend, But I didn't just want to ask him straight out. I wanted to do something special for him. Something that he'd never forget. An idea came to my head while the lads were training. I got all the football team together and the cheer squad. I told them the full plan and they all agreed to help with no questions asked. It was half time during the big game when we put the plan in motion. I signalled towards the players and they nodded, Same with the cheerleaders. I quickly approached Niall. 

"Your boys are doing good" Niall commented, I nodded my head.

"They'll do even better next half" I replied before holding my hand out. "Come with me" I said, Niall raised his eyebrow but took my hand without any hesitation. I guided him down onto the pitch and the lads and girls were stood in a straight line. 

"What's going on?" Niall asked, I smiled.

"There's something I wanna ask you" I replied, I then nodded my head and the group held up each card they were holding. Niall's eyes widened. The cards read out one simple question. Will you be my boyfriend? I turned to Niall.

"So? Will you?" I asked, Niall turned to look at me. 

"Yes!" He stated before jumping straight into my arms, I chuckled lightly before lifting him up of his feet for a few seconds. We went on to win the game that night, But even if we'd lost it didn't matter to me. I'd already won the greatest prize, Niall.