Fighting

A Month Later
May 26th

"I don't want to talk about it now!" I shouted.

"So when are we going to talk?! We can't pretend it never happened!" Cory shouted back. "It's been over a month and we still didn't talked about it."

"IT HURTS CORY! IT HURTS JUST TO THINK ABOUT!" I yelled with tears streaming down my face. "I LOST MY DAUGHTER!"

"YOUR DAUGHTER?! OUR DAUGHTER! I'M TRYING TO SUPPORT YOU, HELL I AM, BUT YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO FORGET THAT SHE WAS ALSO MY DAUGHTER!" He yelled crying too. We're having this same fight over and over the past month. Cory wants to talk about what happened, about our dead daughter. But I don't want to, hurts too much. Hurts too much that I will never get to see her, touch her, meet her. Because she is dead and is all my fault.

"I can't deal with this right now, I have work to do." I said and when I put the hand on the door handle, Cory decided to speak.

"Yes, Lea, go ahead. Run away like you always does when I touch in this subject." He said.

"I'm going to pretend that I didn't heard so I don't take a scalpel and kill you right here, right now, Dr.Monteith." I said mad and left the on call room. People were staring at me weirdly, I know they heard the fight. This is killing me. Fight with Cory is killing me.

I still wasn't clear to do surgeries and all, because my wrist still hurt from the accident and I'm scared. I talked to Chord about it, he said that I had to do a lot of physical therapy but I'm scared, what if I never operate again?

I shrug this off my mind and went check on a few pacientes, breaks my heart seeing sick kids but it's my job, so I have to handle.

At Night - Cory

After fighting with Lea, I didn't saw her in the rest of the day. Anyway, today sucked! I feel lonely without her around, she is my best friend, she is the one I talk about everything.

Then I saw her, in front of the maternity looking to the cute babies that were just born. I see her bitting her lip, she is thinking about something. This breaks my heart.

"I'm sorry." I said and she looked to me. "For yelling at you, I was a douche."

"You were." She said and I chuckled and walked closer to her and give her a tight hug.

"Let's not fight ever again." I said still hugging her. "This been an exhausting month."

"Totally agree with that." She said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. "You shouldn't be here, you're torturing yourself."

"I know I shouldn't. But I can't stop thinking about her, every damn second of my day I think about our babygirl. And how we're never going to meet her." She said with a cracked voice. "I'm sorry for not talking, it just hurts too much. I'm sorry Cory. I know you're going trough the same thing and you're trying to be strong for me. It isn't right of me to take it out on you in that way."

"It's okay...I know you don't meant to do it. It's okay to be angry, Lea. And you know that I'm always, always, going to be here for you. You're my family." I said hugging her tighter.

"I don't feel just angry, I feel guilty." She said and we sit on a gurney still looking to the newborns.

"Why you're guilty?" I asked.

"Because is my fault, Cory. Our daughter is dead and is all my fault." She said and I felt a huge pain in my heart when she said that. Is that what she thinks? "You should be furious with me. This all happened because of me."

"Of course not!" I said and grabbed her hand. "It's not your fault! Don't you ever, ever, ever, think that again, okay?"

"Okay." She said nodding her head on my shoulder. "I'm just so sad. I feel like no matter how many weeks, months, years, go by, I feel like I'm never getting over this." She said with a teary voice and I put my arm around her and she broke down crying hiding her face on my shoulder and I pet her back. I need to be strong for her, I have to. Altough, I wanna cry along.

"We will never forget her, okay? Never. Our little angel will always remains in our heart." I said petting her back.

"Thank you for always being here for me." She said looking to me and I wiped her tears and pecked her lips.

"You're stuck with me til the rest of our lives, love. I'm always going to be here with you." I said and she small smiled to me.