On Call On Christmas | Part. 1

"Todays is Christmas Eve I'm on call." I said groaning. I'm 20 weeks pregnant already so I'm literally on the half of my pregnancy.

"You said that you asked to the Chief to be on call. Although, I think you shouldn't have." Cory said and I sighed.

"Is that if I be on call this year, I won't be in the next one. And I was hoping that next year we could go visit your family in Canada with our daughter." I said and he smirked.

"You think about everything, don't you?" He asked and I laughed and nodded.

"I have to!" I said laughing brushing my teeth.

X

I'm hanging on the ER just waiting for an interesting case. I decided to stay here because I don't wanna have to run to here if something happens because I can't really run.

"Today is so boring." I said to myself putting the hand on my belly. I always talk to her while I'm alone or bored.

"Hey Lee." Dianna's sweet voice said and I see her approaching with the hands inside her white medical coat and I smiled.

"Hey Di." I said smiling and she sits next to me. I'm sitting behind the computers just waiting for an interesting case to come in.

"What are you doing here, peds is like two floors above here." She said and I laughed.

"If someone needs me there, I'll go there. But I don't have the feet to stay running around the Hospital." I said and she laughed. And I offer her my snacks and she grabbed one. We're both resting our feet next to the computers and sharing snacks watching moviment of the slow day in the Emergency today.

"Anything interesting in cardio?" I asked.

"Nope." She said.

"That sucks, it's a slow day in peds too. Apparently the day that I have basically nothing to do in this damn Hospital, is the day that I don't even see Cory's shadow walking around, he's stuck in the OR." I said and Dianna laughed softly.

"I feel you, same with Chord. I'm kind of jealous, I'm bored." Dianna said and I laughed.

"At least I have someone to keep my company." I said looking down to my belly, where the snacks bag was and Dianna laughed.

"She will be so adorable." Dianna said. "I'm excited. Time is flying so fast, one day I was crying over my gay boyfriend that cheated on me, the next, I'm engaged to one of my best friends." Dianna said and we share a laugh.

"Totally, one day I'm living in New York, Imm living in Baltimore and having sex with my coworker." I said and we laughed loud.

"Are you on call today?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yep, you?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said.

"Merry Christmas for us." I said and she laughed and we beat our fist against each others and laughed.

X

After me and Dianna had lunch together, everyone is extra busy today, except for us. Dianna went to check the results of a patient and I comeback to the ER.

"Hey! Hey! You!" I hear a male voice and I just shrugged it off.

"Hey! Dr.Pregnant!" I turn aroumd cause now I'm 100% someone is talking to me. I see a guy laying on a gurney and I went towards him.

"Sir, are you feeling something bad?" I asked.

"Nah, I just wanted to talk to you." He said smirking and I'm confused.

"I'm sorry, if you're feeling alright, what are you doing here in the ER?" I asked.

"I injured my ankle." He said and I look to his swollen and bruised ankle and nodded. "I'm waiting for my Doctor comeback and I was getting bored and you seemed bored as well."

"I'm sorry sir, but I'm working, I'm not here to chat." I said and he raised his eyebrow.

"It didn't seemed like that when you were chatting with your blonde friend." He said and I was shocked but then I laughed.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"The love of your life." He said and my eyes widened and I laughed nervously. "Ya know, the father is who raises the baby, not who put the put the baby inside." I laughed.

"No, thank you." I said chuckling putting my hand on my belly.

"I don't see a ring, does it have a father?" He asked in a flirty tone and I chuckled.

"I'm a surgeon, I wear gloves and to avoid de ring to damage the glove, I put it here when I'm working." I said and show him the necklace with both of my rings, the engagement ring and the wedding ring. "I'm happily married."

"Thankfully I'm an awesome lawyer and I can easily get you a divorce." He sais smirking.

"That's so inappropriate. I don't want to get a divorce and I don't want anyone besides my husband as the father of my daughter." I said.

"So we're having a daughter?" He asked.

"There's no we." I said and grabbed his chart. "Jonathan Groff." I said.

"You caught me." He said laughing.

I take a look on his chart and see that he fainted and fell from stairs injuring his foot. That's hella weird, he just fainted?

"Hey, you simply fainted?" I asked.

"Yep." He said.

"Who came exam you?" I asked.

"Someone with light blue scrubs." He said. Resident or intern, I don't exactly trust them.

"Did any of them took you to have a CT?" I asked and hr frowned.

"What the hell is that? I don't think so." He said and I sighed. They're so dumb.

"Oh fuck." I said. "Sorry, that was unprofessional." I said and paged Cory.

"Dr.Pregnant, you know my name but I don't know yours." Jonathan said and I laughed.

"Dr.Lea Monteith." I said and he smiled and I see my husband coming into the ER.

"Hey, you paged?" Cory asked and I nodded.

"Take a look." I said and I hand him the charts.

"Where is the results?" Cory asked me after reading.

"Results of what?" Jonathan asked.

"The CT." Cory said.

"That's the thing, no one took him to get one, do you think he needs one?" I asked.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" Jonathan asked.

"Oh yeah, sorry, I'm Dr.Monteith, chief of neurosurgery." Cory said and Jonathan eyes widened and I hold my laugh.

"Tell me he's your brother, not the husband." Jonathan said and I laughed and Cory is confused.

"The husband." I said laughing. "Anyway, whoever examined him, didn't took him to take a CT."

"Hey! Who examined Mr.Groff over here?" Cory asked to the entire ER and a guy with light blue scrubs come to us.

"I did." He said and Cory rolled his eyes and he's pissed, but he takes a deep breathe and sighed trying to calm down a little.

"He fainted and fell from stairs, no one just simply faint. We need to check if he hit his head or what made him faint. Take him to the CT." Cory said.

"Okay, doctor, I'm sorry." The guy said.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" Jonathan said before the resident take him. "Just for you information, Dr.Pregnant, I'm totally gay. I was just messing with you." He said and I laughed and then he went to have a CT.

"What was that about?" Cory asked. "And how would he even ask if we're married?"

"Long story, I'll tell ya later." I said and he laughed softly.