Badass

March, 17th

"Why did you chose Peds? Surgery has more badasses areas. Like Neuro!" Cory said asked and I choke with my coffee. Oh he didn't!

"You are a jerk." I said to him. We are sitting on a table drinking coffees.

"I've been told." He said and take a sip of his coffee. "Multiple times."

"Putting your prejudice aside, let me say, Peds is one of the most or THE MOST badass surgical area." I said to him.

"Never in a million years." He said.

"Do you remember the first time you ever worked with a kid?" I asked him and he nod. "That you operate a kid all by yourself, that if something went wrong everything is going to be your fault?"

"Rebecca Johnson, 9 years old, brain tumor stage III." He said.

"Did she survived?" I asked and he nods. "Have you ever worked with a kid that died?" I asked and he sighed, I think I might have hit a soft spot of him.

"Yes." He answered.

"And how did you felt?" I asked him.

"Terrible. Like that I blinked and everything started to fall apart. Bleedings and his heart stopping. Like if a second ago he was just fine and in the other, the machine were marking a straight line. Theo Adams, 11 years old." He honestly said. I don't think he even knows that he is saying all that to someone that he met yesterday.

"Now picture yourself working with sick kids everyday, saving a lot of them, but the few that we lost hurts more than everything." I said and he look to me thinking.

"You're right, I'm sorry. Peds is very badass." He said and I giggled.

"I remember the whole case. It happened a few years ago. His name was Theo Adams and he was 11. After a massive car accident, he got here with a serious bleeding in the brain. There wasn't much what I could do, he came by almost dead. He died on the table. I was so sad that when that happened I spent a whole week locked in my house getting my ass drunk of whisky and beer." He said in a sad tone. I'm surprised that he actually is saying that kind of thing to me. "Why did you chose Peds? Work with sick kids."

"Way more kids leave the Hospital healthy than dead. But the dead ones hit our soft spot, you can't stop thinking about the future they will never have, the kid could discover the cure of cancer. But is dead. But do you remember the many times that you saved a kid's life? It's the best feeling in the world. You gave that kid the opportunity to have a future. To maybe get married or be a genius." I said and I can ser that Cory is really thinking about it. "The kids that die make us more badasses.

"I've never seen things in this point of view." Cory said and I shrugged.

"And how about you? Why Neuro?" I asked him, he seems to be a very interesting guy.

"I think the brain is super interesting. It's a mystery, no one will know 100% how the brain actually works." He said and I smiled. He looks hot when he says smart things, pretty much all the time. Gosh no!!! Shut up Lea, you know that he actually is a jerk, you're just being tricked by his very good looking appearance.

"That is a very smart way to see things." I said and he gave me one of his very charming half smiles but we were interrupted by both of ours pagers beeping uncontrollably and we both sighed and run to the emergency.

Next chapter we're having Monchele! I'm excited! Hope y'all enjoy this book.