Chapter 49

I put away the chest containing all my possessions securely in the empty cabinet below the drawers. It's almost evening by the time I finish unpacking my clothes, books and office belongings. My mother sent a suitcase of my clothes which should have been with me three weeks back but nevertheless I am grateful. Three weeks without my clothes-it is funny but now that I remember how I really spent those days, the smile is wiped off my face.

Liam is out since afternoon and I have controlled myself enough not to call or message him. The look on his face when I asked about his return is crystal clear in my head. Why wouldn't anyone ask him about his life or his health? This family is... Different. Weird but different than mine. My mother wouldn't let me leave the house without noting down my schedule.

I remove my flats off my legs and sit on the huge poster bed, now our bed. This is like a dream, this is going to be my room. I stare at the photo frame in front of me of Liam's family and recollect today. I understand that Frank's addiction to drinking made him lose everything he possessed, his family, his brother, his work but I don't understand why does everyone treat him like he is some piece of garbage. I obviously don't know the past, and I don't even intend to invade the family's privacy but I strongly feel that they should give him some respect, just because he is an elder.

I am still deep in my thoughts when my phone buzzes next to me. I join work day after and I just don't want to start attending calls already. I just glance at my phone when I notice it is Liam's text message. My breath hitches and I swipe the screen to open the message.

*Liam: Everything okay?*

I smile like an idiot and stare at the screen. I miss him, terribly at that. I should not tell him that. So I decide to take the easier route.

*Tiara: Apart from the fact that Bruno can be let loose any moment, yes.*

Satisfied with my reply, I press send. As soon as I keep the phone away it buzzes and I jump at his quickness.

*Liam: ha ha, drama queen. Are you comfortable?*

*Tiara: Yes, don't worry I am fine :)*

I wait for a minute or two for him to reply so when he doesn't I keep my phone away and get up from the bed. Manners and etiquettes tell me that I need to go out of this room and talk to whoever is present in this house. Now that I think of it, I haven't met Stephanie and Frank's family. I don't even know if I should introduce myself to them or not. Well, I don't have any clue if they were present at the wedding. With the way everyone behaves when they are talked about, I doubt that they were.

I walk towards the balcony of the room and slide the door open. I enter outside and my breath is taken away. The sky is painted pink and purple and the climate is cold, how it usually is. This mansion is not exactly in the city area and more towards the outskirts, hence there is not much noise either. Everything is so calm and serene here. I picture Liam in this balcony with a cup of coffee in his hand, and just observing nature. I know he likes observing things because he was the one who took me to observe those birds back at the island and how he likes isolated places.

I walk outside and pull out a pair of jeans and a simple Tshirt from my wardrobe. I feels nice to finally wear my clothes. But I wouldn't even deny the fact that I liked wearing Liam's clothes better. I decide to take a shower and I change into my clothes. This is the first time that I don't have anything to do in the evening. Normally my evenings are filled with overtime work or parties, both a few times. I don't remember spending my evening doing nothing.

I finally decide to do something I am trying to avoid since morning.

I dial a number on my phone and wait for her to pick up.