Chapter 28

"I will hold your shaking body until it get's used to my familiar touch.

I wil hold you until your heart beats sync with the rhythm of my beat.

I will hold your trembling hands when I know how broken you really are.

I will hold you when your thoughts no limits, walking off towards the dark way which sees no light.

I will make you and me us and I will hold you forever and ever.' - Anonymous.

--

Chapter Twenty Eight

I shut the door with a bang to a shocked Liam. I clumsily pull the sling of my purse on my shoulder, nearly stumbling on my own feet. I drag myself down the stairs in a hurry, trying my best to ignore the critical stare of every person living in this hotel shoots me with. A barrier which was holding my tears back is no longer strong and it breaks off easily just when I turned around to leave, making my tears rush down my cheeks without any boundary.

What I am feeling right now is way beyond words. I feel pathetic, horrible and over all used for no reason. I had this nagging feeling at the back of my head even last night that this morning won’t be good enough, but this was ahead of my thinking. I can’t even recollect why I let him do whatever he wanted to do to me last night since the only words which are ringing in my head are his judging thoughts and I swear, I want to drown myself. I shake my thoughts and replace my image with his drowning image.

I clear my eyes with the back of hand and finally reach the ground floor. I actually run past the reception, ignoring everyone who is now staring at me, wondering who this crazy mad woman is, running like a retard. This woman is a naïve woman who went pathetically in the wrong way to judge a man, a man she knew. But turned out, she thought she knew that man and now she is running away, as usual.

I open the door of the hotel and rush out. The cold wind invades every inch of my skin which further gives away more way for the tears to fall out. I don’t get it, I’m broken and currently I’m not sure what I think of him, but all I want to do is run away. This is what happens all the time. He says something I can’t take which makes me run away from him because then I can’t stand to even stay near his proximity which is irritating to a great extent.

“You aren’t fooling anyone by telling me that you just wanted to be there for me when I was drunk. Seriously, couldn’t you come up with a better excuse?”

Excuse? He really thought I was giving him an excuse for whatever happened? Does he consider me one of those women who he used to spend every night of his life cuddling with Does he think I’m of them who would practically jump at the idea of doing something with him? My mind recollects the last night and I clearly remember he was the one who kissed me and now he is blaming me.

I don’t understand, not anymore, not ever. I don’t even remember how our fight even started. Everything escalated too quickly for me to even think about it and I being I shot daggers at him just the way he did to me. He made me sound desperate, weak even after a few lines with him and I instantly feel some sort of fury against him. Why am I even trying when I know all this won’t land me everywhere because all we do is fight and make up for nothing. This isn’t going to work at all if he isn’t contributing a bit and I can’t be the only wheel pushing us ahead when there is a speed breaker ruining my every forward move called Liam. I am almost thinking he does this on purpose, just to hurt me in every way but then he can’t do it purposely every single day, can he?

He rubs almost every thing I’m sensitive to right on my face and does it time and again. His cynical behavior towards everyone is disturbing. But I’m not going to let this affect me again because I will land up in the same pit if I continue letting him talk to me like he always does. I’m tired of this continuous cycle of Liam and I and I won’t let this get to me, not again.