Chapter 26

'You only know what I want you to, I know everything you don't want me to, Oh your mouth is poison, your mouth is wine, you think your dreams are same as mine. Oh I don't love you but I always will.' - Poison and Wine, Civil Wars.

            Chapter Twenty Six

I crinkle my eyes and they flutter open within seconds. There is darkness all around me and I try to look in all directions. I close and open my eyes again and I find myself in a half grown field with grass at only the height of my heels. I look up at the gray sky, hearing soft growl of the clouds. It is going to rain, I suppose. I am wearing my wedding gown and the veil is completely torn having rags stitched around them. Even though my hair is tied in a bun, some strands manage to hop out of place. I move my fingers across my eyes and a black layer settles on the pad of my thumb indicating that my eye liner is smudged and my makeup is distraught. My wedding gown is torn down at its hem.

I can’t see anything till a very long distance and within minutes, I find myself walking very fast towards an unknown destination. I feel my cheeks getting wet and my fingers dart on them. Tears, drops and drops of tears pool in my eyes and my cheeks get salty and I start clearing them off. I use both my hands vigorously and try to clear my cheeks but to no avail. I don’t even know why I’m crying but these tears just won’t stop. I feel emotionally wrecked and mentally drained trying my best to recollect the reason of this sudden outburst. I can’t find any. I close my eyelids and rub the skin over it lightly but within seconds my speed increases and I find myself rubbing it fast. I open my eyes and look at my hands only to find them red in color. Blood.

I rub my hands frantically against my golden shinning gown, staining it with my blood traces. I am horrified to a very high extent and I want to scream, shout, howl and do anything. But it seems I have lost my voice and my inner self has been paralyzed. I start running again but everything looks the same till my vision allows me to see and I’m terrified. Am I alone here? What am I doing in this location? Where exactly am I? I can’t recollect getting here and I’m scared now.

“Oh, look who is here.” I hear a familiar female voice and I turn around to the source of the voice. I see no one.

“Baby, this isn’t how I expected to see you.” I hear another male voice which sounds to be broken and troubled. I know the person to whom this voice belongs to but I can’t remember him. What’s wrong with me?

“Tia…” I turn around again and find my father smiling at me. He looks comparatively slimmer and his white beard covers his handsome wrinkled face. His tie is hung loose around his neck and his eyes have sagged. What happened to him?!

“Father!” I find my voice and try to run towards him. I can’t even move an inch and I look down to my legs. They are plastered to the ground.

“Look what I have done to you, what this marriage has done to you. I’m sorry, I’m terribly sorry.” He starts crying and I want to go comfort him. I don’t find this marriage that terrible now, anyway. I want to tell him that even though we are having problems, we are managing. We aren’t aces at sorting out issues and we fight more than anyone can imagine but I am not complaining. I want to tell him everything but all I do is watch him cry.

“I will get you out of this right away.” Another female voice shouts behind me and I see my mother, clearing her tears with a small handkerchief against her wet eyes. She looks different, too. But I can’t make out the difference.

“No mother. I’m ready to go through this turmoil. I can’t give up now. After everything I invested in all these days I don’t want to back out now. Let me give this relationship one last shot, please.” I’m begging for another try with Liam. I wouldn’t believe these words just a week back and now I’m literally begging for sometime with him. I don’t believe myself anymore.