Chapter 1

"Oh my god, Tia. You look gorgeous." My mother cooed in my ears. I looked at my reflection and only one thing occured to me- What have I gotten myself into?

There was a very pretty girl in front me. It was the most beautiful day of her life. It was her wedding. Yes, the day every girl dreams about. That girl was wearing a gorgeous white and golden bridal gown which was extremely long and it seemed as if it was tailored just for her. It crossed her long legs and now was gliding on the floor. Her hair was tied in a bun and a small crown settled on her head. And a veil covered almost all the part of her head behind the crown. She looked like a woman. Well, that woman was me in front of the mirror.

Today, I was supposed to be happy. I was going to get married. But today definitely was not how I imagined my day to be. The only thing I could actually dream about right now was to run. Run far away.

I was going to get married to a guy who I barely spoke to my entire life. The last I met him, I was 15 and he was 17. We were at our father's success party and all of a sudden he appeared from nowhere and pucked his orange juice on my dress. Lovely, isn't it?

The last few days were like an emotional trauma to me. After saying yes to father for marrying Liam, the news spread like wildfire. I'm sure it was a big news as the best business men's children were about to marry each other. But I personally think it was because the most eligible bachelor was getting married and many hearts were about to be crushed.

Liam Payne.

The name sent absolute cold chills down my spine. No, not those crushy-lovey chills. But the chills that set goosebumps on my hands. I was actually going to marry him. We haven't even talked to each other about our marriage! Yes, i know what you guys must be thinking.

Both of us rejected the plea by our fathers about meeting each before taking a big step in a different journey. But I guess he rejected this offer before dad could even ask me. Guess he was not at all interested in meeting me? Well, I have good news for you, Payne. You have to live your damn life with me.

My best friend Katy and I actually went through every magazine, internet article, newspapers, news channel to gather more information about him. And every source had mostly one thing to say. 'Casanova Liam Payne clicked with yet another girl.'---'Business Heir Payne found making out next to a casino with a blonde.'---'Manwhore Liam Payne says he's not the commitment sort of guy.' What? 'Liam Payne says he's just having fun.'

Wow, please remind me again. What have I gotten myself into?

"Thanks mother." I said faintly. Trying my best to forget all the headlines I heard about him and all the pictures I saw of him making out. It wasn't really affecting me. It was just the fact that I was going to marry a man who was 'commitment phobic'.

My mother, as if sensed the tension in my mind, grabbed a chair and next next to me in front of the mirror. "Listen to me Tia. You always were my hero. And today you proved to us that you are the superhero. We really can't thank you enough for what you are doing today. I know it's really very difficult for you given that you both have not even talked to each other. But you are doing this for us and that's enough. You know you can still back out." My mom gently pushed my arm.

I smiled weakly as I knew that how much ever I wanted it or how much ever my parents would love to break this marriage, I will have to marry him. I made a promise to him and I would not break it.

"No mother. I will marry him. That's what I promised Dad. But about the divorce..." I trailed off.

"Yes yes!" my mother snapped back, not wasting a moment,"I would personally fight your case, Tia. We don't really have to tell the Payne Family as you never know, they might not help your father knowing that you are going to divorce Liam. So we have three months before everything gets back to normal. You don't have to worry, Tia. Everything will be alright."