Chapter 6

“Life would be so much better if you loved me back.” –Anonymous

--

“Well, you could wear my clothes.” He said, in a matter-of-fact way.

My eyes popped out and I seriously considered of getting my ears checked. He did not just offer me to wear his clothes. Firstly, I should just thank God that Liam understood what I was trying to say. Also, he did not mention any other awkward things and simply stated that I did not have any clothes to wear here. And secondly, he actually offered me to wear his clothes. My face would clearly show what I was thinking and Liam observed that and burst out laughing.

I did not know the reason of his sudden outburst so I just stood there like an idiot, waiting for him to calm down. But instead of straightening up, he fell down on the floor, clutching his stomach and his eyes were so narrow that I hardly could detect any eye balls.

After a while of guffawing at me ridiculously, he stood up straight and cleared a tear which fell from his eyes. And I? Yes, I was still standing in front of him.

“You really thought I would offer you my clothes?” He said, his face showing every signal that he would collapse into another fit of laughter, “You innocent, innocent, lady.”

“So what should I do now?”

“I don’t know. Well, there are these ladies behind our mansion who could give you something to wear.”

“I can’t wake them up now. It’s past 12.”

“I already told you what I thought of. Or just sleep in this for tonight. We can figure out something tomorrow morning.”

“But Liam..”

“You aren’t a kid, Tiara. I need to make an important call. My business doesn’t sleep even if it’s past 12.”  He said, mocking me and within seconds he walked out of the mansion, slipping out his phone from his pocket.

I slowly walked back in to the bedroom and sat on the ground, in front of the lingerie-store. I looked at it and just thought that how could I be so damn dumb? Why didn’t I sense this when Liam’s mother didn’t allow me to see my luggage? There’s no point of fretting now. I looked around the room and saw nothing but just another bag. Liam’s bag. And this time, a smirk, a real natural smirk was plastered on my face.

I actually skipped towards his bag and threw it on the bed. In fraction of a second, I zipped open his bag and picked up the first shirt which lied over there. Unfolding it, I saw it was an Adidas sweat-shirt and I mentally thanked God for such a comfortable offering. Rushing to the washroom, I hoped out of my black dress and wiggled inside the sweat shirt. It reached half way till my thigh. I thought of wearing the same slacks since wearing Liam’s boxers would be a bit overboard. I looked at myself in the mirror and I was ready with a comeback, husband.

After around ten minutes Liam walked inside the mansion, locking the main door behind him and keeping the keys in his pocket. He walked towards the living room and switched off the T.V. Then he quietly walked in to the bedroom and his eyes widened as soon as he saw me sitting on the ground. I was zipping up my bag which my mother-in-law so lovingly packed for me.

Liam looked like he just observed a ghost. His eyes popped out and his jaw literally fell on the floor. I acted as if I didn’t observe him or his wonderful expressions and continued doing what the heck I was doing, anyway.

His clutched his knuckles and his mouth shut close. I could actually see flames arising out of his nose and ears. He looked really, really angry.

“Are you.. Are you wearing my clothes, Tiara?” His hand formed a fist and his expression showed clear signals that he was ready to punch anyone in front of him and the unfortunate case was that anyone was me.