Chapter 33

“You love me. Real or not real?"

I tell him, "Real.” 

― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

Chapter Thirty Three

After talking to Roger for almost half an hour, I make my way towards the door. I bid him good bye and he gives me a broken smile. Even after talking to him I feel incredibly guilty. I should applaud and thank him at the same time for not holding me guilty and making me feel bad more than I am, not that I don’t deserve it, but I’m grateful for that. I walk out of the room and close the door behind him. I look over to both the sides of the corridor and I find Liam standing against the window pane. He isn’t alone.

I walk, taking huge steps to where Liam and Lisa are standing. If I knew that Lisa would come here to calm herself then I would have preferred her taking digs at me. My eyes narrow at her as she stands dangerously close to Liam. Her hands rest seductively towards the pane and her hips are ducked out abnormally. I stand in front of them and clear my throat to get their attention off each other and at me.

“Look who is here, again.” Lisa mutters and I give her a wide smile.

“Hello Lisa, again.” I don’t even look at her. “Liam, let’s get going?” I look at him as he studies me with concentration. He looks at me with a plain look and I have no clue what she said to her.

“What?” She intervenes, “Both of you are going now, like now-now?” She flutters her eyebrows in shock. She is acting so different; completely contrast to how she was talking just a while back.

“Yes, now-now. What happened? I didn’t know you wanted us to be here considering you were so adamant to hate Liam.” I state and cross my hands on my chest.

She takes a deep breath and gives me a sardonic smile.

“Exactly, I thought Liam would try to apologize to Roger since that’s what you promised me on phone, right?” She smirks.

Shit, not happening. I said that only because I wanted her to allow us to come over. I know that Liam would never apologize for his behavior. I feel like straddling Lisa or something because now is not the time for bringing this up, the time is never going to come. Before I can answer anything, Liam interrupts us.

“You thought I’d apologize to Roger?” His voice is high and this is one of those times when he doesn’t care if people are around.

“No, I mean yes,” I stammer, “I thought you would…”

“I thought we had this conversation for once. I don’t get it, why can’t you just keep your nose in your own damn business!” He is shouting now and I can’t keep my anger to myself, too. I didn’t expect him to apologize even though I hoped. I didn’t even drag him inside his room and we were just about to leave when Lisa had to interrupt us. The hate I have for this woman is beyond words and even though I could have waited for Roger, I never would help Lisa. He turns to Lisa, “I’m not going to apologize, Lisa, get that. And what else did she tell you?”

“She asked me whether Roger would like if you walked away easily or not.” She says innocently.

Without another word, Liam storms down the stairs. I give Lisa one last glare and run behind him. I call for him twice and more, but he doesn’t listen. The way Lisa told everything what I said was completely different but right now, I just have to stop him. I ignore everyone who is now staring at Liam and I and I make my way towards him. I’m panting by the time we reach the ground floor and I run behind him. Liam is already outside the hotel and I scream his name for the last time.