Chapter 41

'You realize it is love when the incontrolable chatter turns into a humming symphoney.' Anonymous

Chapter Forty One

Liam, Zayn and I left the café almost after midnight. Even though the Killers had left, there was constant soft music playing in the background.

As we leave the café, Zayn’s car is standing right in front of the main entrance. It is the same red car he had drove the last time I had got inside it.

“My friend doesn’t really use it; the lad has got plenty of them.” He tells me and Liam. Liam is unnervingly quiet after I agreed to go to the party Zayn invited us along. Clearly he doesn’t want to go but I can’t find the reason why. As much as I don’t want to aggravate him anymore, I am sort of worried by right now. I can’t help but stare occasionally in his direction more than twice and I really suspect he is suspicious by now.

I don’t want to come as that really clingy woman all of a sudden and even though I know what I feel, for some reason I don’t want to feel like that at all. Liam hasn’t shown any sort of interest towards me, whatsoever, and I’m well past the assuming phase of my life.

There is no way in hell I’m going to tell him about all this mess which is boiling inside my head. It will be much better if it stays like this only in my head. He didn’t talk, at all, after our dance. He was so carefree and unguarded back there that I almost crave to dance with him again after looking at the emotionless Liam again.

Within five minutes stretch, we reach the hotel where Zayn takes us. It is a mediocre hotel, not as bad as the one Liam and I were living in just a few days back or as rich as the hotel Of Roger. I mentally think of contacting Roger again to ask him about his injury but I don’t even have his number and the only way I could talk to him will be via Lisa. Yes, better not.

“Not as bad as you think.” Zayn informs us and gets off the car.

I get off after him and Liam too, who looks highly pissed off by now.

“I still can’t believe we are doing this.” Liam shocks me by saying through his gritted teeth. He is really angry and I don’t even know why.

“What could have we done back at the island, anyways?” I challenge him. I am not as scared or irritated by him as I was a few weeks back. Instead, I have started enjoying annoying him.

“Oh, woman, you don’t know the things I can do.” He whispers in my ears and strolls away, as if he didn’t just wake all of the nerves inside of me merely by his words.

I enter the hotel through the entrance and it’s much better than I had expected it to be. At the corner of the great foyer sits a mahogany table flooded with people around it. The sofas are on the other side of the room and it big enough to fit an entire family. A great chandelier hangs right above the reception, sparking its luminosity over the reception. We walk towards the reception and Zayn leans himself against the counter. He gives the girl behind the desk a big grin and says, “I need a room for tonight,” before winking at her. He could have easily got a room without winking, I presume.

“Well, another one?” the girl blushes.

“Yes, for my friends out here.” He nods at me and Liam.

“Next to your room, sir?” The girl asks innocently.

“Don’t call me sir, Marissa.” The girl further blushes furiously and nods.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Liam mutters under his breath and sigh when I’m sure I am the only one who heard him.

“Luckily, the room next to yours just got vacant, Zayn.” She adds, still blushing.