Chapter 4

A/N: Filler chapter. Please vote and comment.

--

"We accept the love we think we deserve." -- Stephen Chabosky, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower.

--

“I have a good news for my son, Liam and Tiara, my now daughter-in-law. They have a flight waiting for them in about two hours for their honeymoon, a present by all of us.”

My eyes shot up as I heard the words spill out of Mr.Payne’s mouth. It felt as if vibrations were emerging out of every nerve and cell of my body. This shouldn’t be happening. This can’t be happening. I’m not prepared for this. It felt as if my vision was blurring out and only darkness was in store for me.

I looked at Liam and he, for a change, looked equally shocked. His eyes were wide open and his mouth was actually forming an ‘O’. His one hand, which still was on my waist, tightened its grip on it making me wince quietly.

“Sorry.” He muttered through his teeth. He sure was angry. I could make out through his voice. Hell, anyone could make out through his expression.

“Liam, this one’s for you, son.” His father smiled at us, completely ignoring the fact that both of us looked like we just killed the entire of human species and also, that were marrying each other forcefully. He did forget that his son was a dog and I, for all the time, wanted to stay away from my husband.

I looked at my father and I could immediately make out that he was trying his best to flash a smile with a sympathetic look. He looked at Mr.James and then back at me followed by the ground. Again, he couldn’t make an eye contact with me.

Everyone was so happy around us. Liam’s parents looked like the happiest people to ever exist on planet Earth. Josh raised his glass of wine to Liam. The crowd was cheering and howling as they witnessed a very beautiful moment in front of their eyes. Well, could no one actually see that Liam and I were so totally not interested in this? Couldn’t they see that we did not show the happiness every married couple would show if they got to know they were going on their honeymoon? Isn’t it that obvious or are people ignoring that? That will remain a mystery forever.

“Liam.. we..” I started to speak but Liam cut me off almost immediately.

“No, Tiara. There is no way I’m going with you.” He said through his gritted teeth. 

“Oh, really? You actually broke my heart since I was dying to go with you!” I spoke in the most sarcastic tone I could manage to pull off.

Before he could say another comeback, his father came from behind and stood in between us. The music started filling up my ears as other couples started dancing to the beat again.

“So do you like the present?” His father asked.

“umm.. Mr.Payne..” I started off.

“Call me dad.” He smiled. Okay, where did that come from!?

“Okay, dad,” I smiled “The thing is that..”

“It’s the most lovely present you could ever come up with, father.” I thought my ears were ringing taking in account the things which were going on with me was taking a toll on almost every part of my body. I was actually going to pinch myself to believe that Liam said those words. I thought of asking him to repeat his words but it would be better if I shut up and let them have their conversation.

“That’s great, son. And you Tiara?”

Until, I’m asked to speak.

“That’s really very sweet of you, Mr.. Father.” I frankly did not know what and how to reply. I would clearly tell him that I was not even a percent interested to go anywhere with his obnoxious son, let alone a honeymoon. But I thought of taking a safer route and not telling him anything, good or bad.