Chapter 42

Chapter Forty Two

I didn’t even realize how the night swept away and the morning crept its away the other day as I didn’t sleep at all. After last night’s swat I hardly had anything to say. He refused to believe me and I tried my best to make him believe me. For some reasons, I thought he was determined to hate me last night. As I tried to sleep, hoping for some sleep at least to distract me, it never came.

Liam, to my utter disbelief decided to sleep on the couch even though it was really small for him. His legs dangled out from the head rest and he turned his head, not even bothering to listen to me.

After trying again for a few times, I decided to give up. Is he being insecure? He has no reasons to be angry in the first place and my mind just made me think about it all the damn night. He doesn’t want to come with me and I can’t even force him.

The way he called me ‘mine’ rings like a bell in my head. Even though I feel hopeless and downright pissed off, the way he aggressively called me that made my inner goddess fall out of her chair.

Today is our last day here, my honeymoon. My honeymoon was much more eventful than I could have ever imagined it to be and tomorrow evening I will be leaving. Back to where all this started from, back to my family, friends and his.

But with everything going on, it won’t be easy at all. He has already decided to call the lawyers for our… divorce? I dread the word more than before. Firstly, I don’t want my father to suffer because of a stupid misunderstanding of Liam. I am not going to give up this easily and I will try my best to make him understand, but why exactly would I do that? By now he should be have that much trust on me and believe me when I’m literally begging him to believe me. And secondly, I don’t want to live without Liam. I can’t think of our divorce when I feel so strong about him. I am finally in love with him, exactly how my mother had predicted, my best friend knew about. Did they know that I really would fall for him? I don’t even think I will admit this to them, let alone Liam.

I can’t even decline going with Zayn because it is already too late and I can’t even stand being in the same room as Liam.

I check the time and it says three o’ clock in the morning. I shift on my sides and I have a look at Liam. He is deep in his sleep and a frown settles on his handsome face even in his sleep. His mouth is slightly opened like usual. Without thinking, I get out of my duvet and tip toe slowly towards his couch. I sit on my knees, trying to move my fingers through his messed up ruffled hair. He moves a bit in his sleep but doesn’t wake up.

“Trust me for once.” I whisper, afraid not to wake him up. I lean in and kiss him lightly on his forehead, on his frown. Within seconds, his frown dissolves.

--

I wake up because of a certain sound. My eyes crinkle open and I have a look at the wall clock. It says two. What? It’s afternoon already?

My eyes narrow on Liam who stands facing the window, shirtless. His phone is pressed against his ear and his other hand is stuffed in his jeans’ pocket.

“Yes, we will be there in the evening.” His voice is collected and he sounds worried.

“Of course, she is with me. Where will she go?” – “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. I meant we are together at the moment.” – “ Um, we thought it is our last day here so why don’t we see the city for the last time?”. He sounds tensed as he shifts his body weight from one to another.

“Yes, I get it, father. I am taking care of her.” He says and my chest soars.

“We can manage on our own, you don’t need to worry..”