t h i r t y s i x : fin

it's so romantic in paris
won't even try to compare it
thought i was sure that i'd find it
but i already have love in la

* sabrina carpenter

***

Farkle walks out teary-eyed. That can't be good. "She wants to be with Jonah. She thinks we are better off as friends." He nods.

"Farkle..." I whisper, getting closer into his space.

"It's okay. I love her, and she still loves me. Just not in the same way. I... I need some time." He walks straight out of the hospital. Poor Farkle.

"Farkle..." I start to walk out after him.

"Let him." Lucas pulls me in. "Let him." He murmurs to me.

Lucas holds onto me, as I lightly started to cry. I felt Farkle's pain, I really did. It hurts to have someone you love not want to love you in the same way you love them. He held me even tighter. "I feel so bad."

"I know, cupcake I know."

"And he..." I couldn't even finish the sentence.

"It's okay. We'll be here for Farkle when he's ready." Zay rubs my shoulder as he speaks.

"Maybe we should go check on Riley? Make sure that she's doing okay?" I ask as I wiped my tears.

"That's a good idea." Lucas replies as he squeezes my shoulder.

"Hey guys." Riley greets as we walk into the room.

"Hey, honey."

"Peaches." She let's a tear roll down her eye.

"Honey don't cry." I wipe her tears as the fall.

"But Farkle-"

"Farkle is going to be just fine, okay?" I assure her.

"You made the right decision for you in this moment, and that's okay." Lucas adds, as he strokes her hand.

"We're proud of you for finally making a choice." Zay speaks up.

"Thank- AAAHHH." She yells, squeezing Lucas' hand.

"Riley? Honey?" I question getting nervous as the monitor starts going off.

"Ms. Matthews." A nurse murmurs as she attends to Riley. "It looks like you're going into labor. For real this time."

"I'll get Mr. and Mrs. Matthews on the phone." Lucas states before loosing Riley's hand and rushing out the room, I quickly grab her hand so she can squeeze if necessary.

"I'll go call Jonah." Zay adds. "Do you want me to let Farkle know?"

Riley nods.

"I'll stay with her." I reply as Zay nods and leaves the room.

"And who is this?" The nurse queries. "Girlfriend? Life partner?... Or are we just friends?"

"She's my best friend." She grits through the pain.

"What she said." I add wincing as Riley squeezes the life out my hand. If this hurts so bad I can't imagine was she's feeling.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 [𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐲𝐚] 🎉