t h i r t y f o u r : r.e.m. marriage edition

no fair
you really know how to make me cry
when you gimme those ocean eyes
i'm scared
i've never fallen from quite this high
falling into your ocean eyes
those ocean eyes

•b,e.

*~*~*

"Maya Penelope Hart, do you take this man, Farkle Minkus to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live, till death do you part?"

"I do." I say happily. Wait... huh?

I think before I jump out of my sleep.

"Hey babe." Farkle says with a smile.

"Hey." I smile sweetly and say lovingly.

"Are you feeling okay?" Farkle chuckles.

"What? Why wouldn't I?" I scoff, trying to lie.

"Hm." He looks at me funny. I know he can tell I'm lying but he seems to brush it off. "You're just acting funny towards me. Extra lovey. Is something wrong?"

"Not exactly.... I just had a ... small ... little .... dreamaboutyou." I say the last part really fast, trying not to dwell on it too much.

"Wow." He smiles. "What kinda dream?" His eyes wiggle suggestively.

"Not that kind of dream. Thankfully." I whisper "thankfully" under my breath.

"Then what happened?" He asks leaving back in his chair.

"We were getting married." I rub my hands on the sheets of the hospital bed.

"My favorite dream!" Farkle laughs. "I already knew you were one of my two wives." He smiles and holds my hand.

My heart swells slightly. This doesn't change anything though, right? Lucas is still my soulmate, right?

"But, you are now Lucas's wife, which I'm happy about."

"I'm happy about it too."

"Happy about what?" Riley asks as she and Lucas walk in. Well Riley waddles in, now being six months pregnant and completely showing.

"Happy that Maya and Lucas are together." Farkle says still holding my hand as he looks towards Riley.

"Aw! I'm happy about that too!" Riley beams while looking between Lucas and I. "We gotta start planning your wedding, I'm the maid of honor and- wait I'm the maid of honor right?"

"Of course you are Riley." I chuckle.

Riley babbles on and on excitedly as I look at Farkle. What's happening?

Suddenly the doctor walks in, "Maya Hart?"

"That would be me." I say.

"As I can see you're eighteen, so as soon as you sign these papers you are allowed to leave."

"Finally!" I say as I take the papers from her.