Chapter 14

Picture of Ms. Julie Grint.

____________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 14

Sometimes, I am not necessarily sad.

I just feel empty.

___________________________________________________________

Faith

          I was getting dressed for school when my phone rings.

          “Hello?”

          “Faith.”

          “Nathan! Oh my god! Where have you been? I’ve been calling forever and when I went to check up on you on Sunday, your mom said you weren’t home,” I say swiftly.

          “I am sorry, I was just…,” he trails off as he speaks.

          Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. He left the other night without me and hasn’t replied to any of my texts or calls. He even missed school yesterday and this is odd as it usually doesn’t happen.

          “Are you okay?” I say sounding a little worried.

          “Can you meet me?” he says after letting go of a heavy sigh.

          “What do you mean by ‘meet’? Aren’t you coming to school today as well?” I ask frowning.

           “I can’t. Visit me before you head for school?” he asks calmly.

          “Be right there,” I say and hang up.

          I quickly put on my sneakers and make my ways downstairs.

          “Good morning honey,” dad calls out as I head towards the main door.

          “Morning dad. I have to meet Nathan, so leaving early,” I say him and leave before he starts asking further questions.

          I keep my gaze on the ground and walk as fast as I can. The streets were empty as it was 6:15 in the morning but occasionally, a car would pass by. The cool breeze blowing by and signaling that winter is falling, was sending shiver down my spine. I know I am not supposed to be feeling cold wearing a hoodie, but my hoodie was not thick enough to block away the coolness of the breeze entirely. I was just a block away from Nathan’s house when the familiar red car stops by my side halting me on my spot.

          “Going for a morning walk?” Kyle says raising an eyebrow.

          “No, I was heading for Nathan’s house,” I say crossing my arms across my chest in order to block the cold away, even though it wasn’t helping.

          “You’re freezing, mind if I drop you?” he asks.

          “It’s okay, his house is just a block away,” I say timidly.

          “Or is it that you want privacy?” he asks bizarrely.

          “No, nothing like that. You head for wherever you were going, I just don’t want to bother you,” I ask chewing my lower lip slightly.

          “Just get in the car,” he says rolling his eyes.

          Without any further conversation, I get in the passenger seat and he drives away. We didn’t speak a word on the way to Nathan’s place but my thoughts were speaking to me the entire time about Kyle. This guy was stronger than I have ever been. He had been struggling since he was a kid and that’s what makes him special. It was quiet awkward to be around him as I know about his life, partially, but I guess I should get used to it. The thing that surprises me about myself is that I don’t feel uncomfortable around him anymore. The pain he has gone through helped me mold him into a completely exceptional person. His life explained me that there are people in vain and I am not the only one, but I can’t help thinking about my story. Though I didn’t have a horrible childhood, I did have unimaginable incidents which happened with me, and will be happening as Dean was back.