Chapter 3

Picture of Nathan.

_____________________________________________________

CHAPTER 3

You can be in a huge crowd;

But if you can’t trust anyone or talk to anybody,

You’re all alone.

 _______________________________________________________

I sit here in Physics lesson, doing nothing but staring out the window. I’m not able to concentrate in anything since the morning. Ingrid hasn’t texted me back, and Dad called me up this morning to let me know that he won’t be back until Monday evening. His workload sure did increase, I hope he doesn’t get too lost in his work and sacrifice his family like ….

          “Ms. Sheldon, can you stop day dreaming?” Mr. Simpson calls out, as I turn my head to look towards him. I can see eyes staring at me, and I feel quite embarrassed.

          “I-I’m sorry sir, I-I …,” I try to explain myself but Mr. Simpson cuts me off.

          “Please concentrate, that’s all I’ve to say,” he says and continues his teaching. As I take my seat, I look to my right, to see a pair of olive green eyes staring at me. This is the first time I actually saw Kyle’s eyes; and they are gorgeous. I quickly look away, feeling myself blushing because the only question that lingers my mind is why would he look at me? I mean, yesterday when I was trying to catch a hold of him, he was being a ninja and suddenly I see him looking at me? Or, it’s just the look everyone else gave me, making me feel embarrassed? Okay, I’m thinking too much maybe because I just encountered an overly handsome looking guy staring at me, which isn’t very often. I look towards his direction, just to see him playing with his pencil once again. Well, maybe he wanted to talk to me about our project, because today, whether he likes it or not, I’ve to talk to him. I care about my grades, and it would be a lot more easier if he walked up to me.

****

          “Faith! Wait up!” Nathan screams from the hallway as the bell rings for break. I was thinking of getting a hold of Kyle at break, but as usual, I don’t see him. How can a person vanish this way? I was getting irritated already.

          “Where’s Sydney?” Nathan asks while chewing on to his gum. He was wearing a neon green hoodie with black jeans, and his hair, as always, was a mess. He, as usual, suited in his messy look.         

          “She left with Andrew after Physics lesson, ” I say as we walk towards the cafeteria. That reminds me of last night. Was my eyes playing tricks with me or did I really see Andrew? I mean, he isn’t that type of a person who would just shout at a stranger who was about to be killed, and I wasn’t even a stranger but just generally speaking, he isn’t that sort of a person, and why would he even get drunk when Sydney said me that they were together working on their project till 7:30. I am confused. But the thing which still gives me goose bumps is that Andrew sounded like him

          Nathan pokes me on my arm which distracts me from my thoughts. “You okay, girl?” he asks raising one of his eyebrows.

          “Perfectly fine, was just thinking about the History project which is supposed to be submitted on Monday, and haven’t done a shit,” I say sounding casual.

          “Oh that group project on which Sydney and Andrew are working on? Hey, don’t you think they’re hanging out together a bit too much?” Nathan asks sounding a bit concerned.