Chapter 5

Picture of Sydney.

___________________________________________________

CHAPTER 4

Sometimes, crying is the only way your eyes speak,

When your mouth can’t speak how broken your heart is.

_______________________________________________________

Faith

          Sunday afternoon, 1:00pm. I lay here on my bed with eyes wide open, staring at nothing. I can still feel the blood dripping from the fresh scars I made last night. I shouldn’t have gotten frustrated about the fact that Kyle asked me about my bruise, but I couldn’t help it. I didn’t want anyone to see the marks I’ve got all over my body. I didn’t want anyone to ask me about my wounds, I didn’t want anything to happen that would cause me to pour my heart out someone. I didn’t want to trust anyone anymore. I know Kyle wasn’t a pervert. He is cold himself, he doesn’t seem like a person who would want to check out girls. Maybe I over-reacted. Maybe I could have lied to him and given him a better explanation. What was I thinking last night?       

          I hear my phone buzz next to me. It has been buzzing since who knows when. I didn’t bother to check as I cannot move the imagines of the days I have passed through. I cannot help but think about the incidents that occurred with me.

          The entire house was quite, which only means Ingrid isn’t home. As far as I remember, she left the house right after Kyle did. I didn’t bother going and asking her about where she was heading to. I don’t know what to do, how to co-operate with life. My thoughts are my worst enemies.

          I hear my doorbell ring. It might probably be Ingrid but she has house keys, and she never rings the bell. I want to get up but my body is screaming not to leave this bed. The bell continues to ring, as if the person outside is more than desperate to get in. I remain still, not moving my eyes in any direction. I feel like it’s been more than thirty minutes the bell rings, then it stops. My phones buzzes again, and this time I don’t ignore. I turn my head to my left and pick up the phone which laid beside my pillow. My eyes were burning from the too much crying and was making it hard for me to see my phone.

          15 calls and 30 texts. All from Nathan.

          I come back to my senses as I think that something might have gone wrong. I curse myself for not checking my phone. I cannot let my problems come in the way when my best friend needs me. I was getting extremely worried by now so I dial Nathan’s number hoping he would receive and say he’s absolutely fine, but before I could press the button to send the call, Nathan’s call appear on my screen. I receive it without a second thought.

          “Oh my god Nathan! I am so sorry I didn’t check your texts and calls earlier. Are you alright?” I say all at once without breathing.

          “Hey Faith, I am absolutely fine. I have been sending you text since last night and you haven’t been replying to them. I am outside your house, aren’t you home?” Nathan asks in a tone I haven’t heard before. I bet he was upset for me. I can’t help but feel the guilt that I forgot about him and didn’t check my phone once even if I knew it was buzzing.

          “Yes, I am home, I’ll open the door, give me 2 minutes,” I say hanging up.

          I quickly get up from my bed and take my bed sheet off as there was blood almost everywhere. I go to the bathroom and get fresh, cleaning my cut in a hurry, making it hurt badly. I put on a long-sleeved, sky blue colour top and wear baggy trousers. I head downstairs, breathing heavily as I did everything in a real quick. I open the door to see Nathan sitting on the footsteps. He acknowledges my presence and stands up, looking at me. I can see the intensity in his brown eyes.