Chapter 4

Picture of Kyle.

_______________________________________________________

CHAPTER 4

Some people live in the past,

Just so that they can change their future

And return to their present.

 ______________________________________________________

Kyle

        I sit here on the footsteps of the church. It’s Saturday morning 9:00am and I couldn’t sleep for the regular nightmares. Life’s been a living hell since I was a child, or since I discovered those secrets of me, of half of my life. Returning to Manhattan was a big deal for me, I wanted to move away from this place, where my childhood, my terrible past is.

          “Excuse me son, are you worried for some reason? You’ve been sitting here since an hour or so, anything wrong my child?” says the father of the church, distracting me from my thoughts.

          “No father, I was just feeling a little down, and worried about my grades this year as I want to get into a good university and get away from my past which lives among the walls of Manhattan,” I say standing up.

          “Don’t worry my child, God sees everything. He will fix everything eventually, remember, life is a test and people with good heart have a stressful life. I know you’ll get through it if you have a strong faith son,” he says putting an arm on my shoulder. I nod and smile at him as he leaves me where I was and goes back inside.

          Faith, that reminds me of the assignment I have tonight. I hate working with girls, or hate girls in general. No, I am not gay, but girls are the ones who destroy lives. Just because they are “girls” they get more priorities to everything, even if that is wrong. I am not saying that I don’t respect a lady or something, but it’s just that it’s hard to figure out these people. It’s hard to say whether the girl means everything she says or it’s just a formality she does. I don’t even know what caused me to agree on this stupid shit. Maybe the thoughts of getting into a better university, but I wonder what could a simple project do to get me into a good university. I mean, one semester’s project’s grade won’t matter right?

          I sigh and start to walk towards a coffee shop that is nearby the church. I haven’t eaten anything since I woke up at 6am and two hours was sitting here with my thoughts, but whenever I visit the church, I feel relieved, I feel relaxed. I always believed in religion. I know god exists and he put us in tests just to see how we fight through them, and still keep our belief in him. At least that’s what Violet told me. She always helped and supported me through every time of life, and if I am back in this pit of hole, it’s just because of her.

          As I walk on the footpath, I see a mother buying her son an ice-cream cone. The son gets happy and hugs the mother back. A question arises in the back of my head as I think that what might happen to this kid if his mom leaves him and goes away from some reason? I look down and continue walking in order to go eat my breakfast.

          The place where I live, isn’t that far from the church, so I often walk instead of driving, and anyways I always preferred walking, as this allows you to look around and see various of things that’s happening around you. Of course, driving doesn’t stop you from doing all those but you mostly have to keep your eyes on the roads in order to make sure you don’t end up in a coffin.