Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

I wish I could go back to a time when i could smile,

 And it didn't take everything in me to do it.

______________________________________________________

Faith

          I was sitting here in Nathan’s room while he went downstairs as his mom called for him. I didn’t feel like going home after school. It was a strange day, and you ask what makes it strange? Kyle.

          First time in months someone actually said they cared; someone actually grabbed me and stopped me from cutting myself. It was totally weird when someone unexpected had done it. He is stubborn and extremely rude, no doubt about that, but what did he mean when he said ‘we walk the same path’?

          The question kept on enduring in my head until the door slammed open. I looked its direction to see Nathan holding two trays of food in his hand. I get up and make my way towards him, in order to help him out.

          “You know you could have called me,” I say as I take one food of tray containing two medium sized sandwiches, a bowl of chips and a glass of juice.

          “How can I possibly call the guest for help?” Nathan gasps.

          I roll my eyes at him as we both walk in and sit on the bed, carefully placing our trays.

          “Why did you get so much food?” I ask as his tray too had the items on my tray.

          “Uh, maybe because I was out of vegetables and fruits and didn’t know what else to give to the patient by knowing she needs a proper meal?” he says raising one of his eyebrows.

          “Stop treating me like a patient,” I say seriously and he snickers.

          “Not my fault if you were trying to be one.”

          I roll my eyes and take a bite of my sandwich. This was so good.

          “I love your mom’s cooking you know,” I say feeling the flavor tingling my taste buds.

          “Yeah me too, but I prepared these,” Nathan says casually, not looking at me and eating his own.

          I widen my eyes at him as that was totally unbelievable. Nathan couldn’t possible make so nice chicken sandwiches. After all, he was Nathan.

          He notices my expression and says, “Oh come on, can’t I be good at something?”

          I chuckle softly continuing my meal. Nathan kept and rambling about new video games and I just sat there listening to him.

          We were almost done, when Nathan suddenly went quiet.

          “Nat, you alright?” I ask agitatedly.

          He sighs heavily then says, “No matter what I do, or how much I try, it seems I can’t keep Sydney out of my thoughts. It’s frustrating you know. I should be hating her for humiliating me but I don’t and I can’t.”

          He was looking down, but I can see the sadness on his face.

          “Nat, can you answer my one question honestly?” I ask earnestly.

          “Sure.”

          “Why are you so upset about the fact that she turned her back on us? You didn’t like her and as a friend you cared for her I know, but the way you talk, something else is in my mind,” I say in a fretful tone.