Chapter 10

Picture of Andrew.

_______________________________________________________

CHAPTER 10

The most terrible poverty is loneliness,

And the feeling of being unloved.

_____________________________________________________

Kyle

          “Stop please!” I cry out as he keeps hitting me with his leather belt.

          “Why should I?” he says as he laughs at me.

          “I will do anything you want me to,” I yell at him.

          “Promise?” he asks coldly as he stops hitting me.

          “Promise.”

My eyes snaps open and I sit up on the bed. My breathing was heavy due to the nightmare I just had. How much I wish I hadn’t made that promise on that day. What bad could have happened? Maybe I would have been only tortured to death but making that promise was a terrible mistake.

          I sigh and get up from the bed in order to get ready for school. I don’t know why life likes playing with me. I know I should have been in California now, studying my final year and then applying for a good university, and maybe move to a new country for studies as well, but then my past had to re-call me. Violet had done a lot for me and I couldn’t possibly say no to her. She is growing old, and whatever decision she had taken, is right.

          After getting fresh, I put on a t-shirt along with jeans, all black of course. I didn’t prefer bright colours, I always found them irritating.

          I walk downstairs to the kitchen, and as it’s only 6:45am, no one is awake. Everyone is likely to wake up at 7:30 or 8. I open the fridge and take the milk bottle, pouring some on the bowl in order to eat cereal.

          I sit on the kitchen counter when I hear footsteps. I continue eating my cereal as Violet comes and sits across me.

          “Good Morning Kyle,” she says with a faint smile.

          “Morning,” I grumble with a mouth full of cereal.

          “You came back really late last night, I hope there wasn’t any trouble,” she says worriedly.

          “Whenever I am staying late outside, why do you always guess I might be in trouble? I might as well enjoy the night sky can’t I?” I say not moving my eyes from the bowl.

          “Well, situations make me think like that,” she says frowning a bit.

          “I grew up.”

          “Yet, got bashed up.”

          I drop my spoon on the bowl and look at her, emotionlessly. There goes my appetite. I lean back on the chair as she looks back at me with sorrow in her eyes.

          “I’m so sorry Kyle, it’s all my fault,” she says slightly sobbing.

          “Yeah, maybe it was your fault. You should have never had me in the first place,” I say and get up to take my bag pack and leave before an argument starts. I really wasn’t in the mood for one.