Chapter 9

I lay awake in my bed, thinking of a way out of this cell. How are we gonna get away with this? I think for awhile, silently mapping out what I know of the prison, and occasionally saying things out loud, that weren't really important. I glance at the clock, 11:30pm. I should sleep, I tell myself. So I close my eyes and before I know it, the sun is shining. I wake up and open and close my eyes to wake them. I get up and stretch badly. I look at the clock, 6:30am. I have 30 minutes. I decide to change into a new orange outfit since mine is getting wrinkles and dirty. I fold my dirty orange suit and place it on my bed. Soon, my cell opens, and I step out. I look at the over hang in the cafeteria and see that it is October 10, 2016, a Friday. I glance around and see a blonde head peaking over the table. I walk over to it, getting my breakfast on the way. I nudge him and sit down next to him. He looks at me, moving his upper lip to his nose and curving his nose to the side.

"Hey." I say, as I take a bite out of my bagel, which is probably expired. I cringe at the stale taste and I tell myself not to eat anymore of it. Luke flattens his lips and makes a curvy grin.

"What is up with all of these weirdo faces?" I ask him, cross eyeing.

"Wow! How do you do that?" Luke asks me, changing the subject. I raise my eyebrows and give Luke an odd face.

"Really? Cross eyeing. That is like the easiest thing to do. It's like 1, 2, 3." I tell him.

"What if someone didn't know how to count from 1 to 3, that is just rude." Luke informs me, crossing his arms and making another silly face.

"I can't wait to get out of here.." I sigh.

"Soon Lyss, soon.." Luke tells me as he looks over at Stella.

"I always forget you're here." Luke laughs. She glares at him.

"Really? Did you just- never mind, I can't believe you guys, stupid." She laughs as she eats her breakfast. I laugh along with her, and so does Luke as we finish our breakfast and walk around, scanning the outside of the prison.

"Okay, so we know that the prison has building A, B, C, D, E, and F and they have 293 cells in each building, but F and E is still under construction, and we only have A B C and D to consult under know." Luke states as he looks around, suspiciously.

"I'm surprised no one has caught us yet." Stella exclaims as she stares out to the dusty land.

"Same, they're so dumb, just like all of the movies." I say.

"Alright, ugh, since we keep forgetting to meet at the library, we need to start today at lunchtime. So go there." Luke says, annoyed.

"Hey, you forgot too, not just us." Stella reminds Luke and he frowns.

"Hey, I didn't mean it buddy." She says and he smirks.

"Okay, but just make sure you go to the library everyday now, after u get your food." Luke says.

"Okay sir." I say as I salute to him, eating a glare from a guard as he mumbles something along the lines of 'You may only salute to guards and ones of consulted uniform. Not prisoners.' I nod my head, and roll my eyes.

As we walk into the huge library. I look around and stare at all of the dust. I'm surprised no one goes in here anymore. I linger around the shelves for a little bit until Luke call me and Stella over to a far away from the counter table. We all sit down and sit awkwardly.

"So..." I start off. Luke bites his lip and opens his mouth to say something.

"Okay." He whispers. I nod, and wave in a circle, toward myself, to tell him to proceed.

"We need to be able to map stuff and plan. But we can't get pens or pencils, because they won't trust us." Luke tells us.

"Maybe every day, we could borrow a pen from the lady and write in a book, and just take the book with us everyday, and return the pen before we leave." I state. Luke scrunched one eye and Stella widens her eyes and nods. Luke eventually nods.

"Okay..Who should keep the book?" Luke questions.

"Me." Stella says. "I can keep them from finding it." She whispers, smiling.

"Okay, so you keep the book, and we will meet here everyday, and then we will plan for this." Luke says, looking from me to Stella.

"Sure, it's a plan." I grin. Stella nods and stands up.

"Where are you going?" I ask her confused.

She turns around to face me.

"We need a book, don't we?"