Chapter 32

"Uhg." I groaned, as I kicked at the sidewalk. I looked around, unsure of where to go, since I was not used to this area.

I felt like I walked for ages, making too many turns, and getting honked at by more than enough cars, until I decided to just relax.

"Breathe." I told myself, as I watched the cars zoom by, getting on with their daily lives.

Suddenly, I heard fast footprints and a familiar voice faintly calling my name.

"Lyss!" I heard. I turned around, and I found that the voice came from a block over.

"Yeah?" I yelled, as I crossed more streets, searching for the voice.

Ideas of who it could be flashed through my mind.

Familiar.

Accent.

I started to panic over what I would do if Luke came chasing after me to punch me or something. I looked around and though of how stupid I was to reply so quickly.

"Just because a voice is familiar, doesn't mean the person is." I quietly huffed at myself, as I looked for a bush to hide in.

"None! What kind of neighborhood is this?" I panicked, as I looked over the hills far away.

"Alyssa!" The voice said, and I realized I would just have to face Luke and fight myself.

"What?" I yelled, as I looked in pure shock, as Calum stood breathlessly, smiling.

"I thought you were Luke!" I laughed, as I walked away from him.

"Do you even know where you are." Calum said, raising an eyebrow.

"L.A, I'm pretty sure." I said, looking for a safe place to cross.

"Luke told me, you guys escaped." Calum whispered.

"Of course he would." I laughed, as I clicked the button on the crosswalk.

"You know you were supposed to be out of jail a month ago?" Calum questioned me.

"What!" I almost screamed, as I turned around to him, smiling.

"That's what the paperwork said, Luke researched so he could turn you in." Calum said.

"And to think he was a friend." I muttered, as I kept walking.

"Hey. Where are you going?" He laughed, as he followed me across to road.

"Away from Luke." I said blankly.

"Same." Calum smiled.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes. "He's your friend." I told him.

"A friend who pays most of the rent and just kicked me out because I was on your side." Calum said, as I turned around to face him.

"He kicked you out." I said, pointing to Calum.

"Yup. Some friend." Calum grumbled.

"Don't worry, kiddo. Go get your stuff. I'll see you around hopefully." I said, as I walked away from him.

"We won't need to do that. My stuff is right over there." He smiled as he jaywalked across the street and back with his belongings.

"That's illegal." I informed him.

"Yeah. So is robbing a bank." He fired back. I suddenly felt embarrassed and just stood there.

"Don't remind me. I need that for my little brother and sister. Who typically don't need me anymore. I just need to get out of here." I said, as Calum looked at me.

"Well, I'm running away with you."

GUYS ZAYN THOUGH! I CRIED FOR 4 DAYS AND COUNTING UHG! I RESPECT HIS DECISION BUT I STILL CANT HELP BUT CRY :'(
ANYWAYS THIS IS THE END OF THE BOOK

BUT ..... (read authors note)