Chapter 2

I wake up from my three hour nap, to find myself on a bus in the middle of an isolated desert. I look out the thick, scratched window and study the dirt particles fluttering upward as the bus speeds around it. Sure it seemed dumb to study dirt, but what else could someone possibly do if they were stuck in a bus with murders, making their way to the same hell you are going to. Suddenly, breaking my thought, the bus comes to an abrupt stop.

"Everyone! Get up!" A man in a yellow foam jacket yells, as him and his workers, in red foam jackets, unbelt everyone one from their leather seats and push them into a single file line.

"Do not touch anyone! Do not talk to anyone, or make any uninstructed movement toward anyone, unless told to. Or else!" The man yells, as he jumps off of the bus, into the dry, cracked deserted earth. Everyone is silent, as one by one, people jump off of the bus, onto the heated floor. I glance behind me, and notice that a tall, slim, blue eyed boy is starring at me. I raise my eye brows at him, and flatten my lips into a straight line at him. He cocks his head to the side, as I realize it is my turn to jump off of the bus. I jump down, forgetting about the boy, as I take in my surroundings. Tan, thick sand is flourished everywhere throughout miles and miles of dried dirt. I look forward, to where everyone is walking. Huge, rusted metal buildings labeled A.B.C.D ect. are the only account of civilization I will have for 5 years. I study the horrifying buildings and hot desert that I am supposed to call a home. Once we get to the huge metal barred gates, four armed men open them and let all of us in. I hear the bus speed off toward somewhere else to collect convicts and bring them to this hell. Once we get into a long, gray hallway, the men separate us by genders, males going to the hallway on the right, and the females going into a hallway on the left. I try to get a glimpse of what what happening in the room I am headed for.

*FlashBack*

"Everyone on the floor!" I yelled at the people scattered across the ground. When I was younger, my father told me of how everyone used Preston Bank and how wealthy it was, but neither one of us knew that one day, I'd be robbing it. I looked up from the bodies on the floor and saw a blonde girl, fiddling with the knob of the bank's door. She was trying to escape. I couldn't have that. So I pulled my pistol up and shot her square in the right side of her lower chest. I heard screams as her father, who was laying on the floor, as I asked him to, held his daughter in his arms, about to cry. I grabbed bags of money from the register ladies as I heard sirens coming from outside of the bank. I ended up shooting my gun four more times at innocent people, as I ran out of the building. Why the hell did I just do that?

*End Of FlashBack*

"Alyssa Parker!" A tall, pale, bleach blonde women yelled from the metal room. I looked around and noticed that there were only a few women left to get checked, so I entered.

"First you are going to get your finger printed, then you are getting your solitary UVI shot, and then you are going to get your photo taken and get your ID number. The men will bring you to your cell." The lady instructs me, obviously irritated with her job. I walk over to the other lady with a bunch of ink boxes neatly placed on a table, with packets of papers near each one.

"Name?" She calls.

"Alyssa Parker.." I say annoyed, I wanted to say Lyss, but I know they wouldn't find my name list like that.

"Okay...Parker..." She says to herself.

"Ahh! Found it." She smiles. I'm taken aback to find someone happy in a scorching prison on an isolated desert.

"Please place all of your fingers in the ink, and then place them onto the identifying pages, in order of thumb, pointer, middle, ring, pinkie. Left on the left, obviously." She laughs.

"And right on the right." She finishes. I give a small grin, but the rest of my facial expression doesn't seem to go with the flow, so I just quickly place my hands onto the pages.

"Now please head over to the woman to your right, to get your UVI shot." She stated.

"Don't worry.. It doesn't hurt as much as you think it would." She tells me. I quietly walk over to the larger woman with the shots laid on a plastic sheet. She waves me over, and before I know what is happening, she shoots the shot into the left arm. I didn't even notice that it was happening until she apologized in the middle of the shot. I didn't need her pity, I just wanted to be happy again, an for these 5 years to go by quickly.

"Now walk down to the huge camera, with the lined background, to get your photo taken." She instructed me. It seemed exactly like picture day at school. But no one was happy. No one smiled, ever. I decided I would smile, just to make the photographer feel awkward. I held up a black chalk printed board with my name, ID number, an other shit people had to know about me, and grinned for the camera.

"We've got a smiler!" The photographer yelled happily. Why are people happy here? Maybe they just want the convicts to witness some happiness before they enter their hell. Though, their happiness has sort of lightened the mood for me.. I guess.

"Okay, now enter that line of girls into ClarkSon." The man yelled to me as I steadily walked into the line of girls. Once everyone was checked, a man in a red foam jacket stared talking.

"Okay ladies, you are gonna get your clothing here, and then you are to go to the little room to learn about what you need to do here in ClarkSon." He stated. We all nodded, as we grabbed our prison gowns and extra orange suits. Then, everyone headed to the small, crowded room. A man in a deep green uniform approached a projector and a covered whiteboard. There was a table with books and packets piled up. The man picked up the remote to the projector and stared speaking.

"Welcome to ClarkSon Prison..." The older man's voice was firm and rough, intimidating everyone. The man went over ground rules, showing us pictures on a slide that was shown on the projector. What to do and what not to do, where certain areas were, if you need to shower, ask a guard and they will take you to a secure area for only your gender, how the cells worked, what time to get up, what time to be asleep, consequences, and stuff like that. Once he finished going over that stuff, a group of red suited men handed everyone two large packets and three thick books.

"Everything you need to know is here. If you forget something, or don't remember something, just look in here. If there is something you need to know, that is not in the book, click the stone button in your cell to get a worker to assist you." The man instructed us.

"Time to get your cells." The man finished, as he exited the room. A large, buff man entered moments after the suited man left, and he looked more intimidating than anyone. He stood up, and almost covered the whole projector.

"Cell time." He stated harshly. I looked around and noticed a group of three girls smirking at each other. Out of no where, they all got up and held a girl by the neck. The buff man saw, and grabbed a rifle from his back assist pouch, and shot all three of them.

"Don't do that, okay? Or...that will be you." He stated roughly, not caring that he just killed three girls. Everyone stayed silent, as one by one, girls got up when called, not even worried about what just happened, and was led out to their cell, staring at the piles of blood armored custodians were cleaning, coming from the three crazed girls that were just killed, minutes ago. I cringed as I saw the girl that they tried to choke, crying and rubbing her neck. I wonder what she did to get in here? I shudder and feel awkward as her eyes find mine. I struggle, searching around for something to look at, other than the blood piles, and the sad girl. I saw the men's crowded room and noticed a familiar quiff. I looked more closely at the boy and saw that he was the one that was staring at me earlier. The boy looked at me, with a plain expression, and then he turned back to where he was possibly getting his cell.

"Alyssa Parker, cell 103." The buff man yelled. I snapped my head toward him, as I got up, avoiding the blood piles, as I grabbed my packets, clothes, and books, and headed to my new room, Cell 103.