Chapter 3

When I got to the cell labeled 103, I saw nothing unordinary of the way I imagined it. It was just a good sized metal walled room, that had a toilet, a sink, a bed, a metal desk that was made into the floor, and a few pieces of flat metal, that were set above the desk, to be used as a place to mount my stuff. I sighed as I set my books onto the mounter and set my clothes in a heavy, non removable drawer. I wondered if someone would ever visit me. Most likely not. What family member would want to visit a murderer? I decided that I was hungry, and to my luck, the huge voice recorder sounded,

"Everyone, leave your cells and enter the lunch area."

I got up from my bed and waited by my rock metal door, that had a little 4 by 4 square of bulletproof glass. My door beeped as the door unlocked, and slid open. I stepped out, greeted by a armed prison guard. He closed my door, and I followed everyone through the long hallway of cells, into the now, long line of prisoners, dressed alike. Once I reached the cafeteria, I was grateful. At least they have food. Not great for my liking. But it was a prison. What better could I have expected. What could I do. I walked up to the lady, behind bulletproof glass, and she gave me mashed potatoes, which I actually liked, a loaf of bread, and she pointed to a water fountain that was guarded by prison workers, to notify me that if I needed water, it was there. I thanked her. Even though I was a bank robber and a murderer, doesn't mean I have a rude personality. I just didn't know what I was getting myself into that day. I need money.

*FlashBack*

"Well, you are gonna have to find your own god damn food! Because I don't have money!" My drunken aunt yelled to me, as she slammed her door on me. My mother was at work, and my siblings were starving because there was nothing to eat. My mother would've gotten us food, or at least something, but my aunt refused to tell her that we were hungry. She locked herself in her room with the last boxes of food. She was insane. We could've been eating a nice meal, but she took it upon herself to take all of the food and lock it in her room, for us to starve. We weren't poor, but we weren't rich. I don't know why my mother agreed to have my aunt live with us, she hated kids, she just never showed my mom that. She told us that if we told our mother, she would beat us. So I had to get money for my brother and sister.

*End Of FlashBack*

I walked over to an empty seat, away from the scary looking people. I ate in peace for a few minutes, until a familiar boy approached me.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked shyly.

"I can't do anything if you do.." I murmured.

"I like your personality.." He said quietly.

"Okay?" I said oddly.

"How did you get here?" I asked him.

"I got in a fight at a concert and ended up choking a guy.." He whispered. It was obvious that he wasn't used to telling this to people.

"Rough, I robbed a bank. Killed one, injured three." I said as if it didn't hurt me to say it. I couldn't show him I was weak. Prisoners could take advantage of that.

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"Alyssa Parker, but I go by Lyss." I said, no longer looking at him, but watching a fight between a small, white man, get into a fight with a tall, paler white man. The shorter one slammed him against the wall, and the taller one punched his face and knocked him to the floor.

"Wonder what that was about.." I said.

"Same...I'm Luke...Hemmings, call me Luke." He said quietly. I starred at him, until my gaze fell upon the two men being shoved out of the cafeteria, into a room, with flickering lights. I wonder what happens in there.

"Torture. That's what's happening to them." A light tan, red haired girl said, as she sat down next to me.

"They are gonna torture them until they know not to do that again." She laughed.

"I'm Stella." She added, reaching her hand out for me to shake.

"Lyss." I said, looking at Luke, wide eyed. I shake her hand, and then Luke and her introduced themselves.

"You should probably stay away from the torture room, some say they go crazy after being shocked." Stella said quietly.

"Shocked?" I ask, my voice full of question.

"Yea. If you break a rule, or fight, you get tortured, you aren't supposed to tell anyone if you get tortured, because if you do, you get killed. Its not good here. Phase one is belt whip, phase two is cigarette burn, phase three is electrocuted. That is the worst. They are both probably getting electrocuted, they've fought before. You get three strikes here. No warnings." She said half heartedly. Me and Luke exchanged confused looks as we nodded at Stella.

"So how did you guys get here. I've been here 2 years, out of my 7 because I shot my best friend, or worst enemy." She stated harshly, probably remembering the scene. Me and Luke told her what we had just told each other, and she seemed surprised.

"I'd never think you guys would've ever done what you just said. You both look too innocent." She told us laughing.

"Well we did, deal with it.." I said, smiling.

"I like you guys. As you could tell, it ain't easy to find people to talk to here. I mean, they are murderers." She concluded, as the voice went off and told us to go back to our cells. We separated for a moment, until I noticed that Stella's cell was right next to mine. 'Maybe I might just be able to be her friend..' I thought to myself. 'Luke as well..' I thought, as I was locked into my metal room.

This is prison, I told myself. Don't worry about making friends.