Chapter 4

The rest of the day went by quickly. No visits for me. Just as I thought. I read the books and packets the workers gave me, so hopefully, somehow, someway, if I acted good, they would ease my time. I studied what not to do and what to do. Sleep by 10pm, wake by 7am. Not much different from my usual schedule. I had to be at school at 6:30am and my curfew was at 10:30pm. But I really can't sleep. So I usually stay up until it gets so dark, that when I close my eyes, it's lighter. This is gonna be hard. But maybe it's best. It will help my sleep deprivation. As I look over to see what time it is, I realize that I don't have a clock, so I clicked the stone button really hard, because it's stone, and the guard outside my door faced me, through the glass.

"I don't have a clock.." I said awkwardly.

"Oh, I'll call the warden to send someone over to get you one." He said. At least I get a good guard at my door. Within minutes a small digital clock is handed to me, and I place it on my desk.

"Thank you.." I whisper. The guard probably couldn't hear me through the wall, but I said it anyways. Even though I murdered someone, I still have a personality, because I've gone through having nothing. I never actually found out what happened to the one family whose relative past the day I robbed the bank. And hopefully, I will never have to find out.

The rest of the evening went by smoothly. No visits, just reading. I could hear distant yelling outside of my cell room, but I don't find much of it. I decide to lay in my bed, and I glance at the clock. 9:57, as I drifted off to sleep. I tossed and turned in my sleep.

*FlashBack Dream*

I ran as fast as I could, but my car wouldn't start. The police found me at the back of the bank, and finally my car started. I whipped through the cops and was on the highway in no time. But the police weren't giving up. I went way over the speed limit. At 130 instead of 60 to be exact. I kept looking in my rear view mirror at the cops swaying through the floods of cars, and certain cars getting off to the side to let the cops through. Soon there were helicopters and I knew I was done for. I quickly started throwing money out the window to hopefully block the cops view. Unfortunately it worked for a little until I crashed right into a parked car. I fell into a sea of blackness. Until I awoke in a hospital, cops watching me, as well as my family.

*End Of FlashBack*

I awoke in a cold sweat. A nightmare of how I got caught for robbing the bank. Why can't I just forget. I regret everything I did that day. I don't deserve to be here. I look over at my desk and look at the clock. 6:53am. The guards should be waking us up soon, so why try to go back to sleep. I decide to look around my cell a bit more. I looked at the bulletproof window that was aligned with metal bars, that showed the scenery of the miles and miles of nothing but dirt, that I've seen before. I starred out the window, in hope that it would just destroy the wall blocking myself from the cruel, outside world. Then, a loud beep went off as my cell unlocked. I reminded myself never to change before 7. I walked outside of my cell, and noticed Stella. I decided to walk with her to wherever everyone else was going.

"How'd you sleep?" She asked me tiredly.

"Okay...my first night in a prison, how about you." I asked.

"Once you say here long enough, you get used to the screams.." She said.

"The screams?" I asked her curiously.

"Ya. The ones who get tortured and the ones who get nightmares.." She stated. I remember my nightmare.

"Let's find Luke.." I suggest, changing the subject, as we enter the crowded area of prisoners. I look around for a high quiff, but I don't see one.

"Where is he?" Stella asks me.

"I don't know.." I say majorly confused. Where could Luke have gone. He must be blending in with people, I mean, we're all dressed the same, and-

"Maybe he is hiding from us..." Stella whispers to me, scanning the room, and I laugh at her childish thought.

"I doubt it.." I tell her, then becoming worried that maybe she is right.

"We'll find him later..." I say. He can take care of himself, I tell myself, he's alright.

but..

why am I even worrying about him, I don't even know him..

*woah mood swings am I right?*