Chapter 6

Before I know it, it is breakfast time. I rush out of my cell and line up to get into the cafeteria, to hopefully encounter Luke. I look around, without grabbing my food, and I see Luke. I feel weird because we don't know each other, but he is so helpless, and I kind of want to be his best friend. I think to myself 'wow, remember, you are in a prison! This isn't kindergarten, you can't just make a best friend.' I snap out of my thoughts and race towards Luke, before he can get away from me.

"Luke!" I shout. I didn't remember the cafeteria being this large, well I only sat at a table away from everyone, but still.

"Luke!" I shout again, as I approach him, my eyes full of worry. I notice his scratch has faded slightly, as he turns around, wide eyed.

"Ya." He said with no expression.

"Sorry, I just haven't been feeling the bestest-" he started.

"No one is feeling the 'bestest' here..." I said. "Is your scar healing. Are the nurses here helping you.." I added.

"Yep, everything is fine. I'm kind of happy they took 5 years off of my term." He said, flashing a small grin. I hate seeing him sad. If we weren't in prison, we'd be watching movies, and making fun of the awful actors. But no, I had to be the idiot person I am, and rob a bank.. But then, if I didn't, I wouldn't have met Luke and Stella.

"Lyss..." Luke whispers.

"Yes Luke." I say.

"Never mind....." He says, as he gives me his bagel. Oh I forgot to eat. I slowly eat the bagel Luke has given me, as I think about what Luke was gonna say. I finish the bagel and look around to find Stella. I didn't see her, so I just stay with Luke, away from the other prisoners. Me and Luke sit in silence until a loud speaker goes off. It announces :

"Pardon prisoners, but now you may leave your cell whenever you like from 7am to 10pm but if you are not in your cell by the times, punishment occurs." And then the speaker silences. I look at Luke and smile. Suddenly, Stella approaches us.

"I've been sitting all alone, I felt like a loner. Were you guys here the whole time. Is this our new place to meet daily, cause now we can hang like 24/7." Stella said excitedly.

"Ummmmm no. We just ended up sitting here today. Sorry." I stated.

"Really, don't be sorry in a prison, Lyss." Stella laughed, as she sat down next to us.

sorry this was so short omg sorry! I'm trying to get to the good part I have planned.