Daddy's Little Girl...22

Chapter 22-Birthday beatings

Robyn's POV

We were now sitting in the car outside my house. I didn't want to say good-bye, I didn't want to end the amazing evening I'd just had. I got out anyway and so did Myles, coming round to me.

"Thanks again Myles. This is the best birthday I've had since before mum died" I said, hugging him again. He hugged me back and I felt his heart-rate pick up as he nuzzled my head with his nose, breathing in the scent of my hair. I just rested my head on his chest and smiled. This was the way a teenager's life should be and I savoured every second of it.

"Robyn Fletcher, I think I'm in love with you"

I looked up at him in disbelief, but didn't get to say anything because he kissed my forehead, got in the car and drove off before I had the chance. I watched Myles' car until he rounded the corner, then slowly made my way to the front door in a numb happiness and let myself in.

As soon as I opened the door I could smell alcohol. I closed the door, turned round and walked straight into him.

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING YOU GOOD-FOR-NOTHING-LITTLE-SLUT!!!" he roared in my face, grabbing my arm too tightly and throwing me against the wall, pinning me there with my hands above my head.

"Who's your little friend Robyn?" he slurred menacingly. The alcoholic stench of his breath made me want to gag, but I daren't do it. He slapped me round the face hard and fast.

"I said, WHO'S YOUR LITTLE FRIEND!!!" he raised his voice.

"Just a friend!" I gasped, I didn't want Myles to get into this.

"Didn't look like just a friend" he growled, pushing me harder against the wall, making it harder to breath. He suddenly let go with one last crushing push and my legs collapsed beneath me. I ended up curled against the wall, looking up at him through wide eyes as he towered over me.

"If you think he loves you, you're wrong. No one wants to marry a slut. You're a worthless piece of rubbish, a waste of space. I can't think why your mother wanted to keep you, you're not even that pretty anymore. Anyone who tells you you're pretty is having you on, you know that? No one will ever love you or want to be with you because you're an ugly little slut." He smiled fake smile and started to walk away, so I quickly stood up, despite the pain, and dashed towards the stairs.

"Oh, by the way" I froze, he turned around and came towards me, "Happy birthday." And with that, he punched me hard in the stomach, winding me. I doubled over, gasping, but he hadn't finished yet. He pushed me over and I stumbled to the floor, hitting m head on the stairs.

"18...You're an adult now, congratulations." He kicked me in the stomach, started laughing hysterically, threw up, then passed out on the floor.

That's when I let it all out. I started crying, the pain in my stomach, chest, sides was like a fire and it was burning me. My head pounded and when I finally managed to lift my hand to the back of my head, I could tell it was bleeding...a lot. I closed my eyes and just lay there, willing the pain to go away. I should've gone home with Myles tonight. I should've...Myles!

After a painful 10 minutes of crawling, rolling dragging myself across the floor, I managed to get to the phone on the sideboard under the stairs. I knew Myles' number off by heart, just in case of an emergency, and this was more than an emergency. I punched it in, then waited...

"Hello?"

"Myles!" I gasped

"Robyn?" I could hear the worry my voice had put into him.

"Please come help me" My voice was very shaky and breathless, like I'd just run a marathon.

"What? What happened? Where are you?" he sounded very panicky.

"I'm at home, the door's open,, just come quick before he comes round" I pleaded, ending the call.

That had taken more strength than I had and I could see a small pool of blood from my head forming on the floor. I curled up as much as I comfortably could and waited, I refused to close my eyes, to give in to unconsciousness, sweet, painless unconsciousness. I would make sure Myles got here first, it seemed to be taking forever. I was beginning to get tunnel vision and I was sleepy, so very sleepy when I finally heard the front door open...

"OhmygodRobyn!!!" I let out a sigh of relief and finally let myself succumb to the painless black that was unconsciousness....