Daddy's Little Girl...20

Chapter 20-Is it really?

Robyn's POV

I woke up unwillingly with my old battered alarm clock to the sun in my eyes where I hadn't closed the curtains properly the night before.

"Urgh" I groaned, getting up and inspecting myself in the mirror. I smiled at my reflection: no bruises at all. It had been that way for a week now and I was finally ready to wear a t-shirt and skirt in...too long.

I opened my wardrobe and had to dig through the pile at the bottom before I came up with anything decent enough for school. It was all either too small, too short or too skimpy. In the end, I had a red pleated skirt and a plain white t-shirt and tied my hair up in a high ponytail. I looked in the mirror again and compared this smiling, happy girl to the broken, bruised one from 3 months ago.

I looked myself over once more, then quickly and quietly, I ran downstairs, grabbed a banana and rushed out of the house before dad could wake up. I actually skipped down the road and even gave a few twirls, I felt like I could fly! It was so nice to be free again, to be able to feel the wind on my bare arms and legs in the first time in so long.

Although I did slow down when I got near the gate. I looked down at my skirt and realised that although it wasn't super-short, it was short enough to be asking for trouble, I shouldn't have worn it. Looking around, I took a deep breath and went in.

"Woah, look who's scouting for boys!" The big gang laughed and started ambling towards me, so I picked up my pace.

"Aww, slow down or you'll never get a boy" they teased and I could hear them getting closer. I looked down, trying to walk faster without tripping over when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I froze, all my senses on hyper-alert.

"That's it, you know you want me really" whispered Tommy's unmistakeable voice in my ear as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me too close to him for comfort. I felt sick. I wanted the earth to swallow me up and let me be free of all of this.

"Hey! Get away from her!" It was a voice I would know anywhere, but I could hear fury intertwined with the soft, calming tone I was so accustomed to.

"Myles! Help!" I quickly shouted before they could do anything to stop me. Tommy turned to face Myles and put on his 'hard' exterior.

"Well, what you gonna do about it?" he challenged. I grimaced, Tommy beat so many people in our school, it was almost inevitable, but I saw the look of determination in Myles' eyes and decided not to watch.

"This" I heard a thud and a sudden intake of breath as the arm that had been holding me jerked away. I opened my eyes to see Tommy doubled over on the floor, holding his belly.

"Leave. Her. Alone" growled Myles, before throwing an arm round my shoulders and walking me away from the scene.

Surprisingly, Jaycee and Liam weren't at the bench yet, but I knew they wouldn't be long. Before I could sit down, Myles came round in front of me and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Are you okay? They didn't try anything did they? Coz there's a whole lot more where that came from" he said, gesturing over my shoulder at the scene we left behind.

"They would've done, but they didn't. Thanks for saving me" I said and gave him a thank-you hug, then sat down and patted the bench next to me.

"That skirt suits you by the way, don't let others-"

"Robyn!" Came a loud shout from behind me. Before I could even turn around, Liam and Jaycee had jumped over the bench and were pulling me up onto my feet, making me dance around with them whilst they sang 'Happy Birthday'

...I forgot my own birthday!!! I just burst out laughing.

"I forgot my own birthday!" I managed to explain through my hysterics.

"You forgot your own birthday? Good Lord Robyn, next you'll be forgetting your head!" exclaimed Jaycee playfully, handing me a small parcel.

"Oh, no, you didn't have to!" I said as Liam passed me one from him.

"Go on then, open them!" Liam was bouncing around me in a rather disturbing way.

I looked up at them both and smiled as I started unwrapping the one from Jaycee. It was a necklace with a little silver rabbit on, holding a gold number 18.

"Awww, it's gorgeous Jaycee! I love it!" I said, giving her a hug. "Put it on for me!" I was getting all excited like a small child.

Once she had put it on me, I opened the other one. Liam couldn't keep still as I unwrapped it and I soon saw why. Inside, was an aqua blue dress. Speechless, I pulled it out of its box and held it up in front of me from the shoulders. It had a v-shaped front with glass crystals dotted along the edge, then had a small band that went around the upper chest from where the dress flowed freely down to my ankles.

I just looked between the dress and Liam, then literally threw myself at him, pushing him backwards off the bench.

"Thank you sooooo much!" I exclaimed, making sure that every ounce of gratitude was was portrayed in my voice. He smiled up at me, then frowned.

"Ow." I suddenly realised that was lying on top of him.

"Woops! Sorry! Are you okay?" I asked, standing and helping him up, whilst Myles and Jaycee stood there laughing at us.

"Yup! Just a little squished" he smiled. I gave him a more gentle hug just as the bell rang, signalling for us to head in for another long day of boring classes.

.....................................................................................................................................................

There you go, 2 uploads in a short amount of time, after a whole month and more of nothing at all! I hope you enjoyed it! Please comment, and/or vote and everything else, thanks :)