Daddy's Little Girl...16

Chapter 16-Everything is not what it seems

Robyn's POV

It was dark. And very quiet. I looked around me for the hundredth time that evening as I sat on the cold curb. My happy mood from earlier had completely dissipated: apparently, my dad had also noticed the distinct lack of bruise on my cheek. I cringed.

Behind me, there was a low wall with iron fencing going across the top, the opposite side of the road was the same. On the other side of the wall, there was a large tree with long branches fanning out above me. Everything was still. There wasn't even a slight breeze to stir the uppermost leaves and the silence was eerie. Just to my left, there was an old street lamp, like the one in Narnia giving off a circle of dim light and illuminating the many cobwebs around the lamp. But the darkness was still close, too close.

I shivered, wondering why I was there. No cars had passed me in the last half hour and I'd been there since 6. It was 8 now and I was really cold in a mini-skirt and skimpy little t-shirt. I didn't want to be here, I would rather be at ho...scho...okay, I would rather be 7 years old again with a mum and not have to worry about any of this.

Then I heard a car coming. Stiffly, I stood up and stood there, waiting to see who was passing me, I really hoped it wasn't someone from school, I would never hear the end of it and all my friends would realise that I had been lying to them all this time and who wants to be friends with a hooker? Even if it's not their fault that they're in that situation. A small black car drove past, then I was alone again, my teeth chattering and I was now shivering uncontrollably, so I started walking along, hoping to find a good place to relocate. Just then, another car came towards me, then started slowing down. I stopped walking as the red car pulled up and went and got in the passenger seat.

'And so the next nightmare begins' I thought, as I was driven to where I was to be used...

I stared blankly out of the side window for the best part of the journey, I didn't want to look at the sick-minded man driving. But after a while, I started to recognise where we were. We passed the school, then a little further up, we turned into the road where my secret hide-out was and stopped outside a large house, several away from my sanctuary. It looked familiar...then it hit me: this was Myles' house.

Utter disappointment washed over me, numbing every thought and feeling. I had thought he had generally liked me and it was all a big scam!? I got out the car and numbly walked down the drive. In some ways, this would be the worst night of my life...

....................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry it's so short, 500 words exactly, I couldn't help but notice :P

So now I'm off for a while, have a nice 2 weeks whilst I'm not here and I'll post asap when I get back.

Comment, vote, like, tweet, ect, thanks for reading :)