Daddy's Little Girl...6

Chapter 6-Why Take a Chance?

I lay very still, barely breathing, frowning as I tried to think straight enough to decipher what they had all said. I gave up in the end and opened my eyes to see 3 very worried faces looking down on me.

"Bunny, are you okay?" Jaycee asked, worry was the only emotion in her voice. My frown deepened,

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked, confused

"Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that you've gone really pale?" WHAT!? Great. I sat up, only to go dizzy and have to flop back down again. I groaned, curling up into a ball.

"Are you sure you're okay? You looked like you were about to throw up then" Liam asked, concerned. I nearly had thrown up.

"Maybe you should go see the nurse and go home. You need to get some sleep" Nu-uh. No way. The nurse would only discover my scrapes and bruises and dad would be drunk like normal no doubt and would proceed to use me as a punching bag. I would only feel worse by going home.

"No, I'll be fine" I lied, all I really wanted to do was curl up, go to sleep and not wake up until this night mare ended. Sadly, that was not possible.

"But you can't even sit up, let alone stand!" exclaimed the new boy desperately, a pained and confused expression on his face. I wondered why he was so worried about me, he didn't even know my name...I didn't know his either, come to think of it.

"Seriously, I'll be fine-" I purposely left the sentence on an end, "What's your name again?" Hahaa, smooth or what?

"What? Oh, sorry" He giggled nervously, I'm Myles, Myles Cherub." He smiled. Wow, his name suits him too! My heart literally skipped a beat.

"And you are?" he asked, looking directly into my eyes.

"Robyn, or bunny" I replied. "And this is Liam and Jaycee, my best friends...my only friends" My voice had gotten quieter towards the end. He looked at me, confused.

"I'm sure you'll know why by the end of the day" I added moodily. Sighing, I slowly sat up, not feeling quite so nauseous this time.

"You're only friends? I find that very hard to believe" he replied, sounding very sincere. I sighed again.

"You won't by the end of the day. Believe me, it happens every time" I got up without looking at him, then walked away miserably, my head hanging down. I would never have the chance to be with him; by the end of the day he would know all the rumours and hate me. So much for true love, but why take a chance?

................................................................................................

so that's chapter 6, sorry you had to wait so long :) thanks for reading, i hope you enjoyed it and will comment and vote, etc, etc :)