Daddy's Little Girl...17

Chapter 17-All is not what it seems

Robyn's POV

Myles opened the front door and I walked in robotically behind him. It was dark. I guessed that no-one was home. He switched the lights on and if I was in any other situation I would've gasped, but this wasn't any other situation, this was this situation and all I could do was take in my surroundings indifferently. The whole bottom floor was open plan: a large kitchen/diner with a breakfast bar took up half of the space, whilst the rest was a massive carpeted lounge with large sofas and a huge flat-screen TV on one wall.

Myles walked into the kitchen, but I stayed where I was, he would probably show me his bedroom in a second.

"Go sit on the sofa" His emotionless voice startled me a little after the silence of the car journey, but I did as he said. This wouldn't be my first time on a sofa. After another few minutes, he came and sat on the armchair to my left with 2 steaming mugs, one of which he passed to me. Looking at him over the edge of the cup, I cautiously took a sip and discovered it was tea. We sat in silence for a little while longer, I was completely confused and upset, but before I could begin to think about any of it, he spoke again, his voice full of hurt, confusion and anger,

"Why? Why do you do this? I thought it was all rumours and tales?" I had to tell the truth now, there was no way I was going to say I did this of my own accord, even if it meant my dad beating me because of it. There was no point in lying to him, or myself anymore. I looked up at him, pulling a face as I spoke.

"My dad makes me" The venom and hatred in my voice wasn't enough to satisfy me, "I HATE the monster!" I spat, breathing in loudly through my nose, my eyes wide, probably making me look psychopathic but I didn't care, "he's such a ..." I cut off mid-sentence when I looked up and saw the expression on Myles' face. I didn't know what it meant, but it shut me up right away. Suddenly, I was slightly scared of him, he seemed to be staring at something I couldn't see, and his fists were tightly clenched in his lap, threatening to break the handle on his mu. Then he took a deep breath and calmed down, just like that. Carefully, he unclenched his fingers, his face softened and the wild look in his eyes melted into the cool ocean I was used to. He finally looked at me

"Sorry, your emotions are very strong to me" was all he said, before asking, "So why then? What made your dad do this to you?"

I just stared at him, frowning. So he didn't want what I originally thought? He was just trying to be a friend and that made me so happy. I couldn't help but smile. But he said about my feelings being very strong to him, what did that mean? I decided to think about that later and face the question at hand. The truth was, I didn't know. I really had no idea.

"I don't know. Maybe he thinks I took my mother away from him. He didn't want children, but mum wouldn't get an abortion or put me up for adoption. In the end, she got fed up and left him." Yeah, that sounded pheasable.

"He's never really liked me, so when my mum died and I had to live with him, he was about as happy as I was. It all started with him just hitting me when I did something wrong, but it didn't take long before I couldn't do anything right and as I got older, it got worse. Then I got pretty." I grimaced and silently cursed the fact that I had to be so pretty, "He suddenly had a 'brainwave'" I made speech marks with my fingers, "that he could make money out of me. So that's what he did." There was silence for a minute, then he asked,

"When was that? How old were you?" I grimaced

"12"

Suddenly, he stood up, walked over to the wall and punched it hard. I gasped, but he barely flinched, he just turned around and back, wriggling and stretching his fingers. He didn't sit down though, he paced in front of the chair I was in.

"Every night since you were 12" he said, barely keeping himself under control.

"Uh huh" was my response. I was just sitting there, stunned, frozen to the spot. He looked so angry, I had only ever seen my drunken father this angry before.

Abruptly, he stopped pacing and turned sharply to look at me, I flinched out of habit. His eyes were wide, but with fear and disgust, instead of anger and drunkenness, he wasn't going to hit me...right?

"So you've been doing this for 5 years now and never got...pregnant?" He chocked the last word out and there was mask of dread covering his features.

"Oh!" I said, slightly surprised, "no, I'm on the pill" He instantly relaxed and let a long, relieved breath

"Good" He went and sat back down again, taking another sip of his tea.

"Haven't you ever thought of running away? You're old enough to have your own house, he can't stop you, you know. You could've told someone and it would all be over by now."

"No." I said quickly and harshly, "I couldn't run away, he'd call the police and go all 'my little girl's gone missing' and pretend he cares...then when the police found me and took me home he gave me a beating I'll never forget" I shuddered at the memory that I had managed to bury away in back of my mind in the years since ad automatically, I raised my hand rubbed my upper arm where the scar was. "And if I told anyone, he'd kill me, literally"

I finished staring into the distance where the memory had been replaying in my head and looked up, to see Myles staring at me, his expression too hard to read.

"You talked about that then, as if you had really been through it" he said slowly, standing up and walking over to me cautiously. I felt my eyes widen and I started trembling a little, although I'm not quite sure why. Gently, he wrapped his hand around my wrist and removed my hand from its resting place on my arm. He then rolled up the short sleeve of my almost-see-through shirt and rubbed away the hopeless amounts of foundation and concealer I had used in an attempt to cover up the horrible scar I got as my 16th birthday present. Ever-so-softly, his touch as light as a feather, his fingers traced over it, making me shiver. He frowned.

"Go upstairs and take a shower, I'll sort some comfier clothes out for you" and with that, he got up and went upstairs.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

There you go, the long awaited chapter 17! Please remember to vote, comment, etc! Thanks for reading :)