Daddy's Little Girl...11

Chapter 11-Desperate times call for desperate measures

I woke up gasping from some already forgotten nightmare, a cold sweat on my forehead. I quickly rolled over, winced at the point and sat on the edge of my bed, trying to remember what it was about, but nothing came except for the painful memories of last night. As much as I didn't want to, I thought about my evening after the monster who names itself Ruben had left...

After Rueben had gone, I went downstairs to get a sandwich, I hadn't eaten anything yet. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, my dad came out of the lounge, bottle in hand: he was completely drunk. He looked at me, as if contemplating something for a minute, then his faced hardened and he started stumbling towards me. My eyes widened, but there was nothing I could do as he grabbed my wrist and yanked it until I was in the air and I crashed into the stairs painfully. I felt the tears begin well up from the pain of bruises being made into more bruises and quickly turned my head away from my dad so he couldn't see me, I knew better than to let him see me crying. I raced...stumbled, up the remaining stairs and went straight into the bathroom, turning the shower on and undressing before getting in. This was my and tested technique; the noise of the shower would drown out the sound of m crying. The water pressure put me in agony as it pounded onto my bruises and I no longer new whether it was water or tears running down my face. After washing my hair, I calmed myself down, then got out and did my best to dry myself without too much pain involved, it was a failed attempt, but there you go. I put my pyjamas on and tip-toed to my room, softly closing the door before inspecting myself in the mirror. I could see that I would have a hand mark across my cheek where he had hit me earlier and my eyes were red and puffy from crying.

By now I was completely exhausted. Ruben had paid extra when he arrive and I ended up spending 3 hours with him instead of 2, I hadn't eaten at all that day and had managed to earn myself 2 beatings. Not to mention how many times I had cried, crying wears you out. I layed down on my bed, closed my eyes and that was that...

I came back to the present and looked at the clock, 8:45. Looked like I wasn't going to get any breakfast today either. I got up and once again looked at myself in the mirror, to see the biggest. Blackest hand print I'd ever had crossing one whole side of my face. There was no way I could possibly cover up that! I lightly run my fingertips over it, even the slightest touch made it tingle painfully, I wouldn't be able to actually put any make-up on it anyway. I guessed I wouldn't be going to school, but I didn't want to stay at home either, so slowly and painfully, I got myself dressed, lightly covered up the handprint, then went downstairs. On the side was the money from last night, I took £20 of it. Even though I had no intentions of going into any shops, I had 'earned' it, I should get some of it! Slipping it into my pocket, I rushed out the door, down the drive and started running. I didn't stop until I got the shed where I just leant against the wall, catching my breath, then I pulled the big cushion up against the wall and layed down on it, hoping to get some sleep. I layed there for ages, but the pain of my bruises against my clothes and the cushion was getting worse and now it was impossible to sleep because of it. Instead, I reflected. I thought back to when all this mess first started, when I found out about mum's cancer...

..................................................................................................................

not a particularly long chapter, but the next one won't dissappoint you, I promise, it will take a while to type up though, so please be patient and I will do my best :)

_