Daddy's Little Girl...7

Chapter 7-A place to be alone

The rest of the day went like normal from then on; jeers. sneers, names, etc. I was relieved when the bell went at the end of the day and I didn't even stop to say goodbye at the end of the lesson, I just rushed away from the building, only one thing on my mind.

In my world of pain and torture, it hadn't taken long before I need a place of refuge. I headed there now, to my safe haven that nobody else knew about. I started to run, not too fast, but fast enough so that I was the first to leave the school grounds, looking over my shoulder every now and then to make sure I wasn't being followed. If anyone found out about my secret hide-away, I'd have nowhere to go to be alone.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I turned the last corner and the abandoned house came into view. Me and my mum had come across it once whilst we were out exploring, not too long before she died. We had gone into the back garden and transformed the old shed into a little girly hang-out and now, I used it as a get-away. No-one ever went near the house, so it was a great place to go when I didn't want to be disturbed.

As soon as I reached the front drive, I went into a full sprint. I raced through the un-hinged side gate, clambered over the log pile and finally stumbled into the shed. I immediately went and sat on the big, fluffy cushion in the centre of the room. Me and my mum had sat here together so many times, talking about everything and anything without a care in the world. If only we had known just how numbered our days were, there was so much we never got the chance to talk about. I looked up at the old picture on the shelf. It was of me and mum on a beach in Jersey, Elizabeth castle, just out to sea, looming up behind us in the background. I felt a lump forming in my throat.

"Why did you have to leave me?" I whispered as a tear fell down my cheek. I sniffed, looking away towards the door. The sky was blue, the sun was bright and warm, but I couldn't go sunbathing, not with my bruises.

Suddenly, the sound of a twig snapping broke into my silent mourning. I froze. Who would be here? I heard someone scrambling over the log pile and my hart started beating faster as I slowly stood up and backed towards the wall. I could hear the undergrowth being disturbed as someone walked up to the entrance of the shed. I quickly dried my eyes on my sleeves, not wanting to look weak or vulnerable to my intruder. Then the footsteps stopped and I could hear someone breathing quite heavily as if they'd been running for a while. I waited as the breathing slowed until I could barely hear it, then the footsteps started again, a lot calmer and less clumsy than before. My breathing picked up, my heart beat wildly, I felt my eyes widen. I jumped slightly as a hand landed on the doorframe, closely followed by the matching head.

I gasped...

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

thanks for reading :) sorry that i havent posted for ooo long, ive been really busy lately :S please dont kill me!

sooo, vote, fan if you're new ;) and COMMENT! i dont care so much about votes, but i LOVE comments, thanks :)