Daddy's Little Girl...19

Okay, I am soooo sincerely sorry about the amount of time it's taken me to upload this chapter, I hope you can forgive me and thank you soo much for not de-fanning me like some people did. As it's been so long, here is a recap of the last chapter:

"Okay, and why would you be embarrassed?" he asked.

"Well, my spare time isn't exactly filled with something to boast about is it?" I grumped, looking away from him and resting the side of my head on my knees.

"Okay, okay, calm down" he said softly, reaching round me to rub my back, I can pretty much see why you feel all the others, but fear? Why are you scared?" he asked. That was the one I was dreading. I was scared of so many things and I was fed up of breaking down and crying, but I had to do this. Myles was trying to help me, to be a friend...right?

I went home that night feeling like someone actually cared about me. The beating I got for returning without any money didn't bother me as much as it should've done because I knew, h

That somewhere, there was someone who cared.

Chapter 19-Changed for the better?

Robyn's POV

I woke fairly early feeling light, as if I'd been carrying something for so long, that I'd forgotten about it, then suddenly it had been taken away. After talking to Myles last night, after 10 years of holding it all back, of keeping it all to myself, I had finally lifted some of my burden of misery. Even looking at my new bruises from last night's lack of money only slightly dampened my spirits, I practically bounced to school as if it were my first day all over again...

***

The curb was cold, the night was dark, but I was almost oblivious to my shivering as I looked at each car that passed with hope. Black, yellow, blue, red! Oh, not the right red. Green, black, white, blue, silver, red! Half hour later I had given up and was sitting there, waiting for a car to stop so I could get the evening over and done with. Then a red car pulled up and the driver's door opened. I jumped up as Myles came round the car and opened the passenger door for me.

"This is very gentlemanly" I teased as I got in. He just shrugged and shut the door...

***

"I was beginning to think you weren't coming" I said, coming round the corner from the stairs after having a shower and getting changed.

"Sorry, it took a while to find...you..." I grimaced as his eyes ran over every new bruise on my arms. He looked at me, shocked

"Your dad..?" was all he managed. I nodded and turned around,

"There's more" I said, lifting the back of my shirt so he could see my back, too.

"That was last night" I said, pulling down my shirt and sitting on the sofa.

"Last night? Why?" he asked

" I didn't take home any money" I answered indifferently, "I'm the only person bringing in booze money and he was stone sober for once, which meant he could throw an accurate punch"

"Your dad's a sick man! I'm guessing he's the one who gave you that hand mark on your cheek the other day?" I nodded, "Why?"

"Oh, he was angry because I got home late the night before and he had...someone over to, errm, see me" I said, almost gagging at the thought. "Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask, how did you find out about my not-so-secret hideout? No one ever goes near that old abandoned house" I was trying to change the subject, this part of my life was not my favourite topic of conversation. Thankfully, it worked.

"I saw you turn into it when I got home from school on that first day and was wondering why you left so quickly"

"Oh"

We sat in silence for a while before settling down and watching a movie, Marley and Me. I cried at the end and Myles just laughed at me.

"I'm emotionally unstable, you should know that by now, maybe I should dye my hair black and start wearing black all the time. Just to make sure you don't forget" I smirked through watery eyes.

"No! Don't dye your hair, it's beautiful the way it is." I froze. Did he just say beautiful in reference to...me?

"Come on, I'd better take you home" he said casually, as if he hadn't just said...that.

He got up and disappeared up the stairs, coming down a few minutes later with something in his hand. He came right up to me and stood in front of me.

"Will £30 be enough to stop your dad hitting you?" he asked. My eyes widened

"What!? No, I can't take money from you!" I exclaimed

""No, take it, I can't sit here with you every night, knowing that when you get home, you're just going to get beaten. The whole reason you're here is because I don't want some sick man to be all over you every night. If you don't take this money, I've failed you as a friend." He pleaded with his eyes and I'm a sucker for puppy-dog eyes, but I tried to stand my ground

"No, he'll only spend it on more beer or alcohol-"

"Just take it" And he put it in my hand and closed my fingers around it. I looked up at him in defeat and sighed,

"Okay then, I'll take it. But I'm going to pay you back some day, I promise" I told him, emphasising the going.

And from then on, that's what happened every night. Myles' parents didn't mind, they were really kind and asked no questions which is a good thing, I didn't want them to find out the truth as to why I was there every night. And slowly, I became the old me. No bruises, just plain old me.

Thank you for reading,as ever. Please comment and vote and fan if you're not already and all those multiple other things you can do nowadays :P